Final Fantasy XV

Level up here
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Final Fantasy XV

Post by Fragems »

Juan Aguacate wrote:Note to devs. If you're not making an actual stealth game DONT PUT FUCKING STEALTH IN YOUR GAME.

Oh you are going to freaking love chapter 13 :lol: . Game goes to "stealth" for a solid 2-3 hours :lol: .
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Fragems wrote:
Juan Aguacate wrote:Note to devs. If you're not making an actual stealth game DONT PUT FUCKING STEALTH IN YOUR GAME.

Oh you are going to freaking love chapter 13 :lol: . Game goes to "stealth" for a solid 2-3 hours :lol: .

This game just wasted my time making me sneak around avoiding his detection, only to just have me fight him head on anyway and kick his ass afterwards. That whole stealth section was pointless
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

And on the subject of pointless things....the stamina bar
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I don't know why they had that set to off. If you let go of running while it's almost out, you'll get an instant refill. Eventually you can unlock some abilities to boost your stamina more...

Yeah seriously, people can knock on XIII but the combat was easily a lot better than this.
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Yeah, I've been using the stamina refresh trick, but it still seems like a pointless thing in the game. And I hate when I'm running, and enemies show up and I auto attack them when I just want to keep running. Having attack and run assigned to the same button is awkward. And I can't believe they want players to waste resources on improving stamina

I HATE combat right now, especially the way the health system works. Permanent damage, permanent damage, permanent damage...I'm so tired of using elixirs

Combat in FFXIII was brilliant. I can allow for other criticisms of that game, but the combat system was one of the best in the franchise.

But I'll say it again, I love the characters in FF XV. These are FAR better than the characters we had in the FFXIII line of games, and I'm not just talking about Noctis and his boys. And as a guy who usually plays stuff with the Japanese VO, I actually am pretty impressed with the English dub.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Can't wait to hear when you hit the descent into crapville from chapter 8 and on... :lol:

I agree on your last note there, the four dudes in FFXV were fine. But everything else and the main plot? Terrible. FFXIII's plot and characters were pretty bad, though I liked Caius, Serah, and Noel in XIII-2.

Also, I would wager the XIII music is way better than XV's. I hated how there wasn't any BGM in FFXV, I guess they just wanted you to listen to old tunes in the car or with the mp3 player... which is fine, but then it just had aimless ambiance for the in game music outside of the battles. Now the battle music was great, but two months since beating the game, and overall it honestly didn't leave much of a mark at all. Seven years after FFXIII and I still can't get enough of its and the sequels music.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

As for the health they really expect you to spend a shitload of time camping :P. It's the same reason the stupid lvling system is tied to resting. I guess they have to make sure you see that Coleman advertising at least a few hundred times :lol: .

Really I found it hilarious how intrusive some of the advertising is at least I guess the quests for the ultimate Cup Noodle can come off as a little funny :lol: .
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

It's a good point about the music. Not a single track has stayed stuck in my head. FFXIII had some good tracks

Iris is adorable. I LOLed when I got her a chocobo for the first time and hers was pink. Such a girly girl :lol:

Prompto is either genre savy or knows he's in a game. I feel like he just broke the fourth wall in my game.

The camping/lodging stuff pisses me off. And the way the game tries to force you to make camp when it gets dark is annoying too. I don't care about resting, I just want to progress the story and get to the next mission.

I do think it's hilarious that the commercial showed them fighting an iron giant if I recall. The first time you encounter one in the game it totally wrecks your whole party.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

There was an Iron Giant in the at least 1 of the demos it was like their showoff miniboss.

As for camping sadly it is really really important as is cooking :P. Really a single meal can radically alter the effectiveness of your team. Thing that blows is the only way to cook is at a camp site. Even though the hotel and campers show stoves and etc. the jackholes at Square figured who wants to cook unless it's via campfire on a with a coleman pan while you sit in a coleman chair next to your coleman tent, and don't forget it aint a meal unless it's served on a coleman plate by a coleman lantern :lol: . Literally you can break the game so hard with certain food dishes especially if you craft your own magic.

Also a note for when you get to the final area. Run past the enemies the required fights in the last area are really easy but all the other enemies in the area will annihilate you unless you have about maxed your lvl out. The last semi open world section is reserved for end game play and the final boss is a push over compared to even the basic mobs wandering around the area :P.
Sano
Next-Gen

Post by Sano »

I personally like this game. When I do get off the computer and play it (not often) I play it hours at a time. Personally I don't think it is very grindy, which I love but i do wish it were easier to get into battles to level up.