Final Fantasy XV

Level up here
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Re: Final Fantasy XV

Post by Juan Aguacate »

I think fishing is the most fun activity in this game. I'm feeling that "gotta catch em all" itch with the fishing mini-game. I got all the Carnival ones, and all the ones for the Navyth quest, but there still seems to be a few hard ones in the game I need to get
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Even I can agree there, the fishing was legit fun.
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Xeogred wrote:Even I can agree there, the fishing was legit fun.

Yeah, I'm finding leisure activities surprisingly fun. Even stuff like picture taking and that Justice Five pinball game are things I'm finding myself enjoying. The carnival actually has some fun activities. I like the shooting gallery mini-game too. And damn, I have to admit, I actually dug that fireworks show. It's a shame this carnival thing will be gone next week

EDIT: I love the photo bombs. Seeing Carbunkle and the mysterious lady randomly pop up in pics is kind of cool. This picture stuff reminds me of Beyond Good and Evil
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

Man, this game really jumps the shark with that stupid boss fight against:

Leviathan

Every time FF XV stops being an rpg and tries being an action game I just roll my eyes. So over the top and ridiculous

EDIT: Oh god, the story really turns to shit from that point onward. The only thing I actually am finding interesting is
Ignis' blindness and how he's dealing with it

Beyond that, everything is turning into Final Fantasy XIII levels of crap story telling. And god, can we get a Final Fantasy game where people aren't constantly crying? Jesus. Sick of all this angsty, emo bullshit
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

lol, man I could argue FFXIII ends up being better in the end, somehow. As much as XIII pissed me off while playing it, the ending was pretty good and I walked away feeling content and like I completely some journey. FFXV just turns into torture from the point you're at and on... you think it's bad, it's just getting started. lmfao

Yeah, that boss fight was... flashy? God of War stuff I guess, but to me since you were basically invincible and didn't really have to do anything, there was no tension at all. And it dragged.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Have you dragged Ignis through the next dungeon yet? His circumstances get a lot less interesting when you realize you have to walk through the entire area and there is quite a bit of backtracking :roll: . Really though that is just the tip of the ice burg everything from here on out is a shit sandwich giant plot holes start popping up, and a huge solo stealth focused segment appears, and the final boss battle is a pretty big let down.

At least they let you use the save area to get back to the large open world area from before you got dragged to the city the boss you mentioned is in. That's honestly the best section of the game and really I'd recommend just rushing through what remains of the story and getting back to it.

Other spoiler focused shitty things.

1. Awkward 10 year time leap after which you only meet a few returning characters and are confined to Cindy's Garage and a somewhat small new area.
2. A major revelation about one of the characters is basically brushed over with a "bro" moment :roll: .
3. The game just stops giving a shit.
4. Enemy balance completely breaks in the final area since they want you to continue grinding post game in order to properly explore it. I mean almost every monster in the final area is 2-3x the strength of the final boss and will wipe your squad in under a minute unless you have really grinded your ass off up to that point.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Heads up that Kings Tale will be free from March 1st.
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

Post by Juan Aguacate »

emwearz wrote:Heads up that Kings Tale will be free from March 1st.

Wow, that's pretty cool actually. I highly recommend that game. It's a very fun, old school beat 'em up, too good to just be a pre order bonus
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

what's the details on that? It's just going free for everyone?