Level up here
pierrot
Next-Gen

Re: The People's Choice Thread

by pierrot Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Exhuminator wrote:I recommend playing the Game Boy version of Gargoyle's Quest II however. That being Makaimura Gaiden: The Demon Darkness, as it has two extra levels over the NES.

Wait, wtf? They're the same game? That's bull. I ain't even into handheld gaming, yo. My eyesight is bad enough as it is. I own the Famicom cart, so that's what I'd be playing. Unfortunately I put it in the list assuming I'd finally have RGB, but something went wrong, and I have a tiny inkling of what, and I'm really upset with etim.

Terra Phantastica then, I suppose.
Ack

by Ack Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:20 pm

MrPopo wrote:
Ack wrote:Hell, we'll try this again. SNES only:

Drakkhen
Super Ninja Boy
Inindo
Ultima: Runes of Virtue II

Let's see what ya'll come up with.

Obviously you throw that list out and do Ultraman.

Nah, I've beaten Ultraman.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:22 pm

pierrot wrote:Wait, wtf? They're the same game? That's bull.

I'm not sure I follow you.

The original Gargoyle's Quest is on Game Boy. Then there was a sequel released for NES. The NES sequel was later ported to Game Boy, with the addition of two new levels. So, if you want more content, go with the Game Boy version, that's all I was saying.
Ack wrote:Hell, we'll try this again. SNES only:

Drakkhen
Super Ninja Boy
Inindo
Ultima: Runes of Virtue II

Let's see what ya'll come up with.

Out of those, Drakkhen. But if you have Brandish on SNES, play that instead. Reading your war journal from Brandish would be worth its weight in gold.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

by Ack Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:28 pm

I do have Brandish, but I am going to hold off for until after the next Together RPG, which will be a JRPG. I am leaning towards games right now that will hopefully be pretty short so I can polish them off before April. After April...we'll see. The Summer Challenge comes up after that, and I have a fair bit that I want to try getting to around then, such as Ultima II.
Rydon
24-bit

by Rydon Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:38 pm

Alright, my SMS decided to crap out on me. All my carts are showing a graphical checkerboard kinda issue. I need to open it up and see if there is anything I can do to fix this, but in the meantime Miracle Warriors is out.
So I moved onto the second pick which was Blue Dragon, haven't played too much but I like it so far, except there are some serious framerate drops that are distracting.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:59 pm

Did you install to hard drive for Blue Dragon? That might help a bit. I know it's almost required for The Last Remnant to make it playable, so maybe it'll help.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:23 am

Sarge wrote:The Last Remnant

Underrated awesomeness.
Ack

by Ack Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:21 am

Well, I figured I would keep it pretty short, so I'm gonna go ahead and call it. I'm playing Drakkhen now. Which is great, because I've already started it.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:26 am

Xeogred wrote:

Underrated awesomeness.

Yep. It's pretty much a secret SaGa game. :)

That last battle, though... whew! Talk about touch-and-go for a while there.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
Rydon
24-bit

by Rydon Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:17 pm

Sarge wrote:Did you install to hard drive for Blue Dragon? That might help a bit. I know it's almost required for The Last Remnant to make it playable, so maybe it'll help.

Good to know, I will try that out.

Xeogred wrote:

Underrated awesomeness.

Also good to know. I just got this on ebay for super cheap. Good time to grab the xbox 360 RPGs and other titles. I got Blue Dragon , Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey for under $30 for all three.
Return to RPG