The People's Choice Thread

Level up here
Ack

The People's Choice Thread

Post by Ack »

Ready for a new game? Have too many RPGs and don't know which one to play next? Why not give others the opportunity to make such a difficult decision for you!?

Welcome to The People's Choice! Where other people will decide and argue over what you'll play next.

Here's how it works: you develop a list of RPGs that you have access to and have yet to beat and post it here, and the other forum members will look it over and argue why they think you should play X specific game from that list next. This list could be small, say 3 titles, or you could come up with a whopping 20, though you'll likely end up with a lot of different choices. 5 is probably the magic number, folks, but if you really want a different size, go right ahead.

Now here's the kicker: whatever gets the most support is what you are gonna end up playing next, and you have to do your absolute best to beat it before you get to ask for a new choice. Keep in mind, if the game is too hard for you, don't put it on the list! Wait until you've got more experience under your belt before taking that kind of chance. And try to mix it up a bit. This is why I don't suggest putting stuff you've done a hundred times on here. It's about new experiences with unconquered territory!

As for the rest of us, don't just recommend the classics if you see them on someone's list. This is a chance for us to share games we love that we see others considering, and it's a chance to learn about games that we might be interested in but haven't yet gotten to try ourselves. You do not have to vote for a game you have beaten or even played, but if you're asked, try to make sure you can articulate why you suggested your choice. The why is often more interesting than the what.

That's it, folks. Who will be next, and what game will they play? The only way to find out is to throw your hat in the ring!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: The People's Choice Thread

Post by alienjesus »

This is cool, but can we not expand it a bit? Why only RPGs?

I'll be finishing up Dungeon Travelers 2 soon, so I'll be making use of thise before too long!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I don't think I realized in the original discussion that this was just for RPG's.
Ack

Post by Ack »

alienjesus wrote:This is cool, but can we not expand it a bit? Why only RPGs?

Because this is the RPG subforum. :lol:
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I get that, I think my question was more 'Why just the RPG subforum?'
Ack

Post by Ack »

Eh, we'll give it a test run here and see if it works. Maybe it will do well, and maybe it will peter out. If we find we like it, then we could try a general gaming approach.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Since RPGs have that time commitment I can see it being worthwhile to get people's opinions. If I'm trying to decide between three different FPS's I might just spent 10 minutes with each and I'll have a good idea which one I'm most interested in.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
touchofkiel
32-bit

Post by touchofkiel »

Love this idea, though I don't think I would ever list ALL of my unplayed RPGs...
I review (mostly old) games at: The Annals of Retrodom.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

alienjesus wrote:I'll be finishing up Dungeon Travelers 2 soon, so I'll be making use of thise before too long!

Jealous I took a break from this game after making it to the 3rd dungeon, a few months lapsed and now I'm lost as to what I was doing. Will have to restart and play full through. I also have a save mid game in Suikoden even though it's been almost a year I still remember what's going on just up to some open world stuffs so I'll have to travel everywhere before it picks up again. Persona 4 Golden also have a save under 10 hrs in, really need to get back to this been forever now. Lol... And Witcher 2 going on (as of the other night) I'm nuts I know so I probably shouldn't be thinking of playing Wasteland 2 either.

What should I do?! Tell Me!!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Heh. I like this. List coming soon.