Level up here
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Want to try out a rpg. What's a first timer to try

by PartridgeSenpai Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Man Inquisitor looks weird. In development for 10 years? Guess that explains why it looks so "old."

The game is immense, it's meaty as all hell. It started development back when Baldur's Gate became popular, and the developers aped the look. However they refused to dilute their original ideas in order to expedite completion of the project. Thus to incorporate the level of depth and complexity they wanted, yeah it took them 10 years to finish it. And another 3 years of translation on top to get it into English. Inquisitor is a labor of love.

As for Vagrant Story. That's legit my most favorite PS1 RPG of all time. I cannot recommend it enough. It's a very simple, easy, and short game any casual will adore.

That's why I bought Inquisitor like, the MOMENT I got on GOG. It was right after I got done with my physical copy of Baulder's Gate 1, and wanted another game like that, so I was really upset when I couldn't get it to work ;A;
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:42 pm

Exhuminator wrote:As for Vagrant Story. That's legit my most favorite PS1 RPG of all time. I cannot recommend it enough. It's a very simple, easy, and short game any casual will adore.

Ha I just got this game in the mail today. Now I can't wait to give it a shot once I'm finished with what I'm currently playing :D
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:43 pm

:lol:
Remind me never to take you guys seriously (mostly referring to Exhuminator's antics).

Can I "Boo Vote" Mystic Quest? (much earlier posts)
I actually don't hate the game, it's just that I don't think it's that great. If that was my 1st RPG, I might have moved on to other genres instead of developing an appreciation for them. The game does not instill the awe and wonder of the other FF games.
I actually egged on a friend to play through the Mystic Quest once (I was a bad friend and easily amused at the time). I think he stopped RPGaming after that :wink: .
Even as a FF fan, I proudly do not own the game (admittedly, I'd probably still buy it for a fiver :oops: ).

I don't discourage anyone to try it, but I wouldn't blame them for stopping after a few missions, or whatever).

Might've made a better GB game IMO.

Send all my hate mail to myopinionsdontmean$^%&_87@yerhoo.com
...just another lost soul...
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:08 am

nightrnr wrote:Remind me never to take you guys seriously (mostly referring to Exhuminator's antics).

Well, I was actually serious about Vagrant Story being my all time favorite PS1 JRPG.

It would be a nightmare first RPG though. :lol:
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:07 am

nightrnr wrote:Can I "Boo Vote" Mystic Quest? (much earlier posts)
I actually don't hate the game, it's just that I don't think it's that great. If that was my 1st RPG, I might have moved on to other genres instead of developing an appreciation for them. The game does not instill the awe and wonder of the other FF games.
I actually egged on a friend to play through the Mystic Quest once (I was a bad friend and easily amused at the time). I think he stopped RPGaming after that :wink: .

That's the plan. I'm trying to show him how awful RPGs are, so he'll go back to playing awesome Genesis games like Streets of Rage and quit wasting time playing awful tripe like RPGs.
Ack

by Ack Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:43 am

samsonlonghair wrote:
nightrnr wrote:Can I "Boo Vote" Mystic Quest? (much earlier posts)

That's the plan. I'm trying to show him how awful RPGs are, so he'll go back to playing awesome Genesis games like Streets of Rage and quit wasting time playing awful tripe like RPGs.

You mean awesome Genesis games like Shining Force and Shining Force II?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:46 am

Ack wrote:You mean awesome Genesis games like Shining Force and Shining Force II?

I thought he meant stuff like Sword of Vermilion, The Immortal, and Phantasy Star IV.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

by Ack Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:51 am

Exhuminator wrote:
Ack wrote:You mean awesome Genesis games like Shining Force and Shining Force II?

I thought he meant stuff like Sword of Vermilion, The Immortal, and Phantasy Star IV.

Or maybe he was actually talking about Shadowrun the whole time?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:54 am

Ack wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:

Or maybe he was actually talking about Shadowrun the whole time?

He was actually talking about Buck Rogers, Faery Tale Adventure, and Super Hydlide.
Ack

by Ack Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:00 am

Oh snap! I'm about to Wukong up this Beggar Prince!
Return to RPG