Level up here
Omerta
128-bit

Re: Dark Souls III

by Omerta Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:59 pm

I beat everything except the last boss. I'm trying to figure out what's easiest to get (trophy-wise) with all of my merchants maxed and areas open before taking the leap. And the level 100ish fight clubs are pretty vibrant right now... though I may start a new character and keep him around 80 since those matches were more fun with more varied opponent builds.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:10 am

What are you doing bruh? First and second rule
Omerta
128-bit

by Omerta Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:53 am

^ lulz @ #bradfordpitt

So I did it again... Happens to me at least once per Souls-Borne game...

Went trophy hunting and sat my controller down to get a drink while a friendly NPC blabs on. Mashed the weapon arts button in the process and skewered them into hostility. Now I'm farming up souls to atone for my sins. :lol:
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:00 pm

So I figure everyone's had plenty of time to beat it. What do you guys think? How does it stack up to the others?

Personally... this is probably the worst Souls game yet. I feel like it has all the same problems 2 did, but not quite as bad? But on top of that it has plenty of it's own problems that 2 didn't have, so in total it's worse imo. Plus is just doesn't do anything really new, the entire game feels like recycled content from Dark Souls 1, 2, and Bloodborne, with some references to Demon's Souls sprinkled in.
Julius Ceasar wrote:"Veni, vidi, vici." - (I came, I saw, I conquered.)

Yeah, some shameless self-promotion. I started a Youtube channel, I play games sometimes. Check it out if you want, it's under the name Ecko Explores Gaming
Oh, also a Twitter thing it you wanna take a look. Same name as my YT channel, or @EckoExplores, whichever works best.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:24 pm

I absolutely loved it. It's the most direct continuation to a previous entry in the series and the general linearity gives it a different flavor. They're all different and so in this. I like it more than Bloodborne. Probably the best boss battles since Demon's to me, they were all very varied and finally the difficulty scaling worked with the game getting tougher as you went, when I kind of had the opposite experience in some others. The music is an improvement over Bloodborne's composer. Probably some of the best endings too.

The online community is all gangs and the gimped magic are my only issues (not that I really care about magic).

11/10 for me. Asking me how to rank these games would be impossible.
HLTB | RFG (WIP)
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:24 pm

Dark Souls has the least frustrating swamp level of all the Souls games (including Demon's). That's a major point in its favor.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Holy moly, have you seen the DLC announcement trailer yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu1NCPMC7D0

Looks like we're visiting the Painted World of Ariamis. Sweet.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Prepare to die.
HLTB | RFG (WIP)
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:04 am

Second/Final DLC announcement trailer posted: The Ringed City.

Kotaku's post says it'll have the player following Slave Knight Gael as he hunts for the Dark Soul of Man, so it'll tie back to the first DLC.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:43 am

That boss looks like the revenge of Laurence.
HLTB | RFG (WIP)
Return to RPG