Dark Souls III

Level up here
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls III

Post by Stark »

Current rev on XB1, I'm running into a bug for summoning into my game. Just says Unable to Summon, so annoying!

I'm on TNK boss and I can get the first form down, but having trouble with the second. Not that I've tried as many times as I did with The Four Kings in DS1 haha.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Kidpanda
64-bit

Post by Kidpanda »

A lot of TNK's attacks can be rolled. I has zero issue once I got him off that damn bird.
horseyhorsey
8-bit

Post by horseyhorsey »

I beat the final boss and was thrilled with how the battle went. Unfortunately, I somehow tapped share twice in the excitement of beating him and it erased the vid from memory! Noooooo! So this is all I have by way of a recording:

https://youtu.be/gdVqtJCo08Q

92 hours to finish NG blind. I've looked at the trophy list since, and don't think there's enough to draw me back for further play just yet. I did miss a couple of bosses though it seems, so they'll be on my radar eventually.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I'm at the end myself, but haven't finished yet, due to wanting to be able to be summoned into my friend's game. So I started another char with a str/int sorcery focus. We'll see how it goes.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Stark wrote:I'm at the end myself, but haven't finished yet, due to wanting to be able to be summoned into my friend's game. So I started another char with a str/int sorcery focus. We'll see how it goes.

STR/INT is unfortunately, garbage. Great Magic Weapon and Crystal Weapon are okay for buffs, but then that gets a little pointless if you start infusing your weapons or use some of the boss weapons.

You have to go ALLLLLL in INT if you want the offensive spells to do anything worth a damn. Even at INT 50, they did jack for me.

I got through NG with that build, but I regretted betraying the way of the STR/Faith/Lightning build which rocked in DS2. There's still not much you can do offensive wise outside of the Lightning/Sunlight Spears and all, but the lightning infused weapons more than make up for it. And there's some nice buffs.

Most fans agree, that magic was dramatically nerfed in this game in general.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Really? Bummer. I had some summoned help on Twin Princes that seemed to be taking some big chunks of health off those guys with some sort of spell, probably Crystal Soul Spear or something like that.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

any of y'all gonna get back into Dark Souls for the "restart"?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:any of y'all gonna get back into Dark Souls for the "restart"?

I've been playing a lot already. I restarted before it was cool, yo.

I've been posting here if you're interested: viewtopic.php?p=1045649#p1045649
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

I'm seriously contemplating my dedication to going platinum on this one.

The list of spells looked pretty hefty and the list of rings is jaw-dropping. Looks like I'll have to pound through NG++ and endless hours of unpredictable multiplayer to get it all.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Omerta wrote:I'm seriously contemplating my dedication to going platinum on this one.

The list of spells looked pretty hefty and the list of rings is jaw-dropping. Looks like I'll have to pound through NG++ and endless hours of unpredictable multiplayer to get it all.

I ended up grinding for most of the covenant items, like the Proofs. In my entire NG-NG++ run I was only summoned once for the Blue covenants. So screw that. Grinding on Silver Knight's wasn't horrible, but still took days to chip away at. I'd spend an hour doing it when I came home from work and blast some Blind Guardian or something.

The rings are easy in comparison. The real test is if you have the patience or the interest in the covenant stuff, which is pretty hefty. And getting some of them the legit way like the Shackles, isn't exactly fun either because of how ganky online is with this one and that's only going to get worse I'm sure as the player base grows.

Overall I had 106 hours on my profile for a legit platinum run.

This place is the best forum for such a thing if you're still interested:
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/