Dark Souls III

Level up here
econoemu
16-bit

Dark Souls III

Post by econoemu »

Edit 3/5/2016: All right team, Dark Souls III is coming very soon. March 24th for some, April 12th for others. Out of respect for those that want to avoid knowing to much, until the release date if we want to talk about anything with spoilers please lets use the 'spoiler' option when posting. Thanks for joining in and lets have fun!

If there is already a Dark Souls III thread I'm sorry but I figured I'd share the hype!

Dark Souls III intro video released!

That being shared, what is everyone who enjoys this series excited for? For me the I think it's the Weapon Arts in conjunction with the Mana system. I am still interested to see how it works for pure STR or Dex type builds. Will it gain points in Mana with each point of STR or Dex? One can only assume that would be the case but we shall see!

Anyway, the hype is real!
Last edited by econoemu on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adventure!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls III

Post by TEKTORO »

I havent followed much but consider me hyped! I heard people starting to get burned out on Souls games so hopefully from here they consider remake of Demon Souls or return of Kings Field. However can't wait!
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

TEKTORO wrote:Kings Field

I would love to see From Software revisit this series. I am playing King's Field IV right now, and while its atmosphere and design are amazing, the game definitely has some pretty glaring issues (i.e., the controls are a bit wonky, it takes five seconds to spin 360 degrees, the anemy AI is easily exploited, etc.). In light of what From Software has learned during the last decade, I think that a new King's Field gamw would be mind-blowing.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

My ass hole wasn't prepared for the abuse it endured at the hands of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls; I can't handle more Souls games.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:it takes five seconds to spin 360 degrees

:lol: Wait till you get underwater.

From Software will never make another first person console King's Field. The runaway success of the third person Souls series has sealed that fate.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
TEKTORO wrote:Kings Field

I would love to see From Software revisit this series. I am playing King's Field IV right now, and while its atmosphere and design are amazing, the game definitely has some pretty glaring issues (i.e., the controls are a bit wonky, it takes five seconds to spin 360 degrees, the anemy AI is easily exploited, etc.). In light of what From Software has learned during the last decade, I think that a new King's Field gamw would be mind-blowing.

I think if they were going to return to the King's Field IP they would've done it with Bloodborne. They have so much momentum with those two IPs now (for similar gameplay) that I don't see them moving away from it for an IP that isn't going to have any cache.

P.S. I can't wait for DSIII. I'm ready.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Exhuminator wrote:

From Software will never make another first person console King's Field. The runaway success of the third person Souls series has sealed that fate.

I know...I know...It would still be cool though! (Maybe someone will develop a first-person spiritual successor...)
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:My ass hole wasn't prepared for the abuse it endured at the hands of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls; I can't handle more Souls games.

I've heard tell that Dark Souls III will include a Nep Nep armor set.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

MrPopo wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:My ass hole wasn't prepared for the abuse it endured at the hands of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls; I can't handle more Souls games.

I've heard tell that Dark Souls III will include a Nep Nep armor set.

To the pre-order screen!
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:

I know...I know...It would still be cool though! (Maybe someone will develop a first-person spiritual successor...)

Well I love what they did with Souls it was great timing with the flux of first person games, definitely refreshing and masterfully done. Returning to Kings Field is tough due to the fact of its style plus going against Elderscrolls/Fallout would be a death sentence right now. Hopefully with the success so far they can take a gamble, there's a bigger fan base for their lore now.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.