Together RPG - Fire Emblem - 2/01-4/01

Level up here
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Re: Together RPG - Fire Emblem - 2/01-4/01

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I got my Fire Emblem SE though I haven't opened it yet. I'm debating if I want to get Awakening first or not. I may try Shadow Dragon or play the original US Fire Emblem.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I can see that everyone is all atwitter about the new Fire Emblem, but I'm souring on Monsho no Nazo, and was looking for some thoughts on the matter: I spent about an hour and a half clearing out stupid numbers of enemies in the Port Town of Warren mission. It wasn't difficult, just incredibly time consuming; So in an effort to expedite the matter, I went on the offensive with Ogma and Marth, who did a mighty fine job. However, Marth is too good, and almost felled enemies faster than they could throw their bodies onto his sword; all the while taking modest damage from the enemies' attacks. I couldn't stop him. He was a mad man, and just kept killing wave after wave of enemy units during their turn.
Anyway, he died, and I lost about two hours of my life because I wanted exp, and can't bring myself to warp to the finish. Here's the question: Does this continue on in this manner? Is the enemy just going to form a massive meat-wall on each map, and waste my time? I'm basically debating whether I should gut it out through this mission, or just shelve the game.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Honestly I think you'll continue to see that with FE3. Since the first half is just a remake of FE1 and the second half is supposed to fit with it you don't really see much in the way of interesting tactics. FE4 gives large maps and cavalry being able to move after attacking which drastically changes the dynamics, while FE5 introduces most of the modern FE mechanics.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Agh! It took two and a half hours, and I made it through without compromising any exp gains, but I lost Abel just as I was throttling the enemy, because my troops don't crit or dodge when I actually want them to, and suddenly he became fast enough to attack twice per round! See what happens when you inspire people with your glorious mullet, Tim Allen? People die!

Popo: So, in this numbering scheme, is Gaiden, FE2, and Thraccia 776, FE5? I'll assume that FE4 is Seisen no Keifu?

Anyway, I'm not sure I have it in me to keep going. I'm not really having fun anymore, and I'm bummed that I don't get to promote at level 10. If promotions occur at level 20, I can't see myself being invested long enough for that.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

That's correct. As for FE1 & 3, I know Marth doesn't get a promotion while other units do. They can promote starting at level 10 but they need an item (specific to each class). So Marth starts to fall behind as the game goes on because everyone gets at minimum an extra 10 levels of growth (or 20 levels if you promote at 20).
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I'm 40+ hours into Birthright now. Just finished up chapter 21. Need to do a few more challenges so I can fill out some more supports, but overall everything is going pretty smoothly.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I started my Revelations playthrough last night. I think I finished chapter 10. The first thing I noticed is that the Avatar and Azura supports are different; I didn't actually check to see if they were different between Conquest and Birthright since I think the first of those hit C after I had already gotten a different support started that wasn't version specific, so I just skipped past the dialog to get the support bonus. But now I'm going to double check all the Revelation stuff. I'm also looking forward to all the cross-country supports.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Does Revelations have lots of new content? As in, new exclusive graphics and music? Or does it just remix existing assets from Birthright/Content, with a rewritten script?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.