Together RPG - Illusion of Gaia - 12/01-2/01

Level up here
flash1987
24-bit

Re: Together RPG - Illusion of Gaia - 12/01-2/01

Post by flash1987 »

Eugh this is disappointing. The combat remains really simple, the puzzles seem a little at odds with the swift pace you move on and as stated before the story makes little to no sense. I'm not sure I'm going to finish this.
eggman
24-bit

Post by eggman »

I bought myself an early Christmas gift in the form of a SNES console to play this game and because i've always wanted one and never taken the plunge. Better late than never right?

Anyway, story is a bit all over the place, but I like the little real world references so far. Game play is pretty straight forward and I have been moving along relatively comfortably. Unfortunately, I might never finish this game, although I really want to. I cannot come even close to killing the vampire bosses in Mu. I have saved as close as I can to the fight in the form of Freedan and I'm not even getting close to killing one of them, let alone both. I only have one Herb.....I think I am completely screwed.....
Need Hexyz Force and Class of Heroes 2 for a complete PSP RPG Set.....let me know your price!!!!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Vampire boss is tough.

And doesn't the game have a finite supply of herbs? Seems like a pretty serious flaw.

I just started this afternoon. Gonna put some time in this evening.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

Post by TheSSNintendo »

Played a little more this evening. Made it to the Incan Ship.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:And doesn't the game have a finite supply of herbs? Seems like a pretty serious flaw.

It's the game telling you to "git gud"
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
eggman
24-bit

Post by eggman »

MrPopo wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:And doesn't the game have a finite supply of herbs? Seems like a pretty serious flaw.

It's the game telling you to "git gud"

Yeah, pretty sure I'm never gonna be "gud". Hopefully I can "git luckie" :D
Need Hexyz Force and Class of Heroes 2 for a complete PSP RPG Set.....let me know your price!!!!
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Nah, just gotta be smart about when to pick your spots
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I'm a few hours in.

Ya know, I don't think this one has aged well and I don't enjoy it quite as much as remember.

Playing it directly after Soul Blazer is an interesting experience, as I'm now thinking that Soul Blazer is the better game. The linearity in Soul Blazer feels natural given it's fast-paced hack and slash style. On the other hand, the linearity in Gaia just feels stifling and annoying, a more "open world" design in the vein of A Link to the Past or Secret of Mana would have suited the game much better.

The story is awful here too. The threadbare plot in Soul Blazer is acceptable because, again, it meshes well with the gameplay. Here in Gaia they went for epic and sweeping but it all just falls flat.

Gonna see it through though. And then jump into Terranigma, which is undeniably phenomenal.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Soul Blazer is the best of the three, you'll get no argument there from me.

Gaia's story might not be stellar, but it's still better than many other 16-bit RPGs.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:And then jump into Terranigma, which is undeniably phenomenal.

Undeniably phenomenally overrated. :P
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I continued on a little farther than I was and am now in the Seaside Palace, having just cleared the Sky Garden and defeated its boss. Unfortunately I set this aside for a bit because a few friends and I have gotten into Payday 2. I need to get back to this soon...