Together RPG - Illusion of Gaia - 12/01-2/01

Level up here
Ack

Re: Together RPG - Illusion of Gaia - 12/01-2/01

Post by Ack »

Ok, I had a decently long weekend, so I took some time to get back to Illusion of Gaia. I'm now sitting in Angkor Wat, which so far is definitely the most difficult dungeon I have faced. The enemy designs have gotten a bit frustrating, particularly those blue guys who you must decapitate before you can kill. I'm also having some inventory management issues, as I've only had to use one herb so far. I currently have about three slots of available space.

Since I'm past it, I want to talk about the Vampire fight... It took me two attempts, the first being an intentional flub to see what would happen. After that, I returned as Freedan and wailed on first the male and then the female without issue. Using an aggressive play style, I basically picked one, followed him while repeatedly hitting him every chance I got, and then backed off only when he was dead. I had more than enough health to outlast the damage he was dishing out, and by rushing the fight immediately, I ensured that the two never got off their big move. Never doubt the effectiveness of a good old fashioned beat down.

Anyway, it feels like I'm getting closer and closer to the endgame. Will the game just continue to get more difficult, or will I find Angkor Wat to be the hardest of the lot?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

The difficulty is pretty consistent throughout. I found the hardest part of the game to be
the boss rush that occurs at the end, mainly due to the lack of a "dark space" save point.

Oh, and there's not enough inventory space to hold all the game's herbs at once. Don't blow them all at once, but use one occasionally and you should be fine.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Great, looking forward to it. I will try to see about knocking out a little bit more this weekend.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

It's funny, I can't recall this game being difficult. I mean, it must be, you guys aren't slouches or anything. The last time I beat Gaia was 18 years ago, so maybe my memory is failing me. Certainly can't remember anything hard about vampires and what not.

Anyway, looking forward to your review Ackster.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I haven't really found it hard(though the blue guys in Angkor Wat are very frustrating) though it has definitely done a good job of steadily increasing its difficulty. But the game hasn't gripped me, which is why I'm struggling to slog through it.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Done, fools. Thoughts posted in this year's Games Beaten thread.