Level up here
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: What are the most underated RPGs?

by strangenova Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:22 am

flylikeabird wrote:Am I weird for liking Legend of Legaia? I remember thinking the combat system was pretty cool at the time and I enjoyed the game. Don't hear people mention it that often though.

Good battle system, I really enjoyed the game. Although it got tedious later on with excessive grinding and I just wanted it to be over. It could use some better pacing.
Ack

by Ack Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Yeah, I made it through about halfway the last time I played it...well over a decade ago. I liked what I played though and might get to go back someday.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Last few pages of this "underrated RPGs" thread has been about well-known critically-acclaimed games. :lol:
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:16 pm

That reminds me that I need to eventually beat that playthrough of Legaia 2 that's been sitting at 30+ hours for the last... five years? Ten? Yeesh.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:41 pm

We need to talk about a truly underrated, unknown RPG - Final Fantasy VII
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:47 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:We need to talk about a truly underrated, unknown RPG - Final Fantasy VII

Is that the one with the chibi anime characters that use plus sized weapons with their Popeye sized forearms, in a battle against a corrupt corporate entity draining the planet of its life force and the main villain looks like a backstreet boy's dancer with a sword twice the length of my tv screen???
..................never heard of it
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:02 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:We need to talk about a truly underrated, unknown RPG - Final Fantasy VII

How more people don't consider that to be the greatest RPG of all time, I'll never know.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:30 pm

strangenova wrote:
in a battle against a corrupt corporate entity draining the planet of its life force

Yeah, it's the one where Bernie Sanders is the protagonist.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:57 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
strangenova wrote:
in a battle against a corrupt corporate entity draining the planet of its life force

Yeah, it's the one where Bernie Sanders is the protagonist.

Oh yeah and hes got that final attack...what was it called...taxslash!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:23 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
Xeogred wrote:SOURCES Exhuminator!

I'll tell you what I know, and if you don't believe me, and want to do the legwork to verify, feel free. I'm not gonna spend an hour of my life chasing sources that are 10 years old which I don't even remember where I read them to begin with. I simply remember what I read because the information was important to me at the time.

Matsuno is a perfectionist and was taking too long to finish FFXII even with his huge team of developers. Higher ups decided they'd had enough waiting and pressured him strongly to move over and let others take the reigns. In Japan it's dishonorable as hell to just quit a key position, so Matsuno claimed sick leave and exited in a more respectable fashion. Afterwards Hiroyuki Ito, Hiroshi Minagawa, and Akitoshi Kawazu headed the project and expedited its completion.

I like how touchofkiel put it, we're both right. :lol:

I wasn't being too serious about requiring sources. Just wanted you to elaborate more.

Sad to see Matsuno as another big creator/developer that hasn't done much since then though. I like how Mistwalker's site basically looks like Sakaguchi's nature instagram or something.
Return to RPG