Star Ocean SNES help needed!!

Level up here
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Star Ocean SNES help needed!!

Post by ninjainspandex »

So I'm at the pirates hideout but there is a door I can't open according to guides I need to learn how to dash and to do that I need to go back to portimis and go to the skill shop and buy the first technech set so I can learn Gale. Well I cant find a skill shop but I found a Skill guild and learned all the skill sets but none of them taught me Gale. Wtf am I doing wrong, about to give up on this game :(.
Ziggy

Re: Star Ocean SNES help needed!!

Post by Ziggy »

I've only ever played the game once and it was a few years ago now, so I can't be of any help. But I hope you find out what to do and don't have to quit playing. I thought it was such a fantastic SNES RPG.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

How far in is this time-wise? I wouldnt mind loading up the fan translation to help get this sorted.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I'm about 3 hours in? I took a break from the game since like February, and now I remember why. I must of missed a town where I learn the skill, ughh not sure if I want to backtrack or just start over. Might as well since the story is a bit fuzzy in my memory now.

This is why I need to play RPGs with a players guide at my side. :lol:
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

ninjainspandex wrote:I'm about 3 hours in? I took a break from the game since like February, and now I remember why. I must of missed a town where I learn the skill, ughh not sure if I want to backtrack or just start over. Might as well since the story is a bit fuzzy in my memory now.

Ah, just start over. 3 hours is nothing for RPGs, especially if you were grinding.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Ziggy587 wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:I'm about 3 hours in? I took a break from the game since like February, and now I remember why. I must of missed a town where I learn the skill, ughh not sure if I want to backtrack or just start over. Might as well since the story is a bit fuzzy in my memory now.

Ah, just start over. 3 hours is nothing for RPGs, especially if you were grinding.

apparently I should of been grinding the guide said I should be level 21 for the pirates cave and I'm only lv 13! So yeah I'm going to just start over, but I'm going to wait until I move to my new place next month and start playing when the weather gets nice and crisp, prime rpg weather. But mark my words I will beat this game this winter! Maybe I'll start a mini winter gaming challenge since most of my most reliable gaming times are in the winter, because here in Wisconsin our winters are brutal and there isn't much else to do :lol:
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

FWIW, whenever I peak at a guide I'm always under the suggested level. I'll only grind if I feel it's actually needed, but I wont do it just because a guide said I should be at level X by the time I reach location Y.

I don't recall grinding in Star Ocean. I'm sure that I did once or twice during my play through, but it must not have been for long periods at all.