The Witcher 3 comes out next year. This series any good?

Level up here
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: The Witcher 3 comes out next year. This series any good?

Post by ExedExes »

All this talk about 3 had me realize that I have 1 & 2 in my GOG library (both enhanced editions) from various free offers they had in the past year.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So this releases today, according to the GOG page. Glad I finished Bloodborne yesterday so I can focus on this. Though I'm a little sad I wasn't able to beat Gradius before this game. Maybe I'll give Gradius one more try tonight after dinner before diving in.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

MrPopo wrote:I felt like the first game was hard up until the point you realized group style would massively trash 95% of the fights in the game. Once you learned the timing it was smooth sailing.

Good to know. I am half way through Act 3 and am trying to hunker down and beat it so I can move onto Witcher 2... 1 has just always been a burden to me. Love the story, love the atmosphere, hate the combat system.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

fastbilly1 wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I felt like the first game was hard up until the point you realized group style would massively trash 95% of the fights in the game. Once you learned the timing it was smooth sailing.

Good to know. I am half way through Act 3 and am trying to hunker down and beat it so I can move onto Witcher 2... 1 has just always been a burden to me. Love the story, love the atmosphere, hate the combat system.

To pull a faux paus and quote myself. Thanks to popos advice, I am now at the end of Act 3 of Witcher 1 and enjoying it 10times more than I was before. But to be prepared, I downloaded Witcher 2 to test it on my machine...itll be some time before I get to it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Glad to hear that things clicked for you. Witcher 2 ends up playing very differently than Witcher 1; it's more of a third person action RPG rather than the top-down Diablo style. Movement during combat is much more important in Witcher 2 and you need to pay attention to what enemies are doing and react to that.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

From what I understand, the controls of Witcher 2 are very similar to the controls of Witcher 3, correct?

I played around in the arena of Witcher 2 to test settings with my xbone controller, it was a much more enjoyable fight than any I have had in Witcher 1, sans the first cockatrice with the knight.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yes. Think of it like how ME1 was different from ME2 and 3, but 2 and 3 were basically the same with some minor design iterations. Same kind of thing with the Witcher trilogy, just with a more pronounced difference between the first game and the other two.
Rothgor

Post by Rothgor »

I saw a friend playing with Witcher 3. It was awesome. The storyline is probably one of the best in the gaming world ever (based on what he said; I couldn't yet start playing with this game).

I met many people who thought Witcher was an American franchise. It isn't: it's Polish. :)