Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Level up here
horseyhorsey
8-bit

Re: Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Post by horseyhorsey »

There's another, much easier one not far from Fazgaz (Father G) at all.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Only about half of the possible posses you can fight are actually required to progress the storyline. The rest either open up shortcuts or unlock features like the Chalice dungeons.

The first few levels in Bloodborne have multiple paths going through them, which ups that feeling of exploration and gives a fair number of shortcuts. The later levels get more linear but still will include a few shortcuts so that a post-death run won't be so painful.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Finally was able to sit down and play this for a few more hours. Stumbled across the Cleric Beast, and managed to take him down on the first go. Wandered around the Cathedral Wards for a bit, and into Old Yharnam.

Finally found a "safe place" for the old lady, and brought her there... she was very ungrateful, and had the balls to blame me for all of her problems after I helped her! Obviously I killed her, mostly because I was curious as to what she would drop, and figured I could just hop out and reload without exiting properly, since the game can't autosave THAT often, right? Nope, she is perma-dead now. Did I goof up?

Other than that, just been wandering around Old Yharnam. Killed the bastard that was manning the gatling gun atop the tower, found a bunch of little secret paths that led nowhere, and stopped before I found any way into a boss or new area.

Now that I can level and have Staggering down pretty well, the game is getting much easier. Not used to only having 1 death total between two bosses. Most of my deaths are actually from falling. :lol:
horseyhorsey
8-bit

Post by horseyhorsey »

Old lady? I missed her.
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Yeah, there is a lady behind a closed door (Like everyone) in Central Yharnam, asking if you know of any safe places. When you get to Cathedral Wards, there is a... guy?... near the lamp, that tells you to let people know that that is a place safe from monsters. When you go back to her, you have the option to tell her about it, and if you do, she will be in a chair near the lamp at the Wards. She bitches at you about wanting a reward, and then says its all your fault, for being an outsider, that things are the way they are, and then wants nothing to do with you.

Spoilered in case you didn't want to know the details. Realizing that I should probably spoil more of this stuff, to avoid ruining things for future players and participants of this fine thread.

Question though... what does Insight do? I have like 10 now, and from my slight reading of threads here and on shmups, trying to avoid too many spoilers, all I've gathered is that it might make the game harder, might change enemy placement, and can spawn some other creature? Should I be using up the items that give me more Insight?
horseyhorsey
8-bit

Post by horseyhorsey »

Ah, I did wonder if that's who you meant. Screw her then....hehe
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

You didn't mess up anything by killing here; later in the game she'll give you some consumables that are just as easy to find or purchase for yourself.

Insight has a few effects. The first is its a currency that can be used by the bath messengers that are right outside the side door of the church in the Hunter's Dream. This has several items you can't purchase with blood echoes.

The second effect is that as you gain insight you start to realize more about the horrors of the world. And that can have an effect when you go past certain breakpoints. I'm being intentionally vague so as not to spoil things about the game for you. If you'd like you can get as much insight as you can now, then if you don't like what's going on you can spend it at the bath messengers on the items they offer, since those items are useful to have.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I don't think I mentioned it yet in this thread (to lazy to go back), but I beat this game! I got 2 of the endings and will get the third as soon as I find some time. Loved the game and the setting! Can't wait for the DLC and Dark Souls III.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Phades
64-bit

Post by Phades »

Stark wrote:I don't think I mentioned it yet in this thread (to lazy to go back), but I beat this game! I got 2 of the endings and will get the third as soon as I find some time. Loved the game and the setting! Can't wait for the DLC and Dark Souls III.

Which ending don't you have yet? If it's the Moon Presence, then as far as I'm concerned, you haven't beaten it yet :)
XBL: Phades
PSN: Phades
Steam: Phades
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Phades wrote:
Stark wrote:I don't think I mentioned it yet in this thread (to lazy to go back), but I beat this game! I got 2 of the endings and will get the third as soon as I find some time. Loved the game and the setting! Can't wait for the DLC and Dark Souls III.

Which ending don't you have yet? If it's the Moon Presence, then as far as I'm concerned, you haven't beaten it yet :)
Witness me bro.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.