Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Level up here
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Re: Project Beast hype thread

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:factor in the cost of the system for all these people who are supposedly going to buy one just to play this game and the costs ring up to over $500 (console, game, taxes). Based on this, how many consoles will realistically be sold by Sony for people that just want to play this game?

Not sure how many people would buy a PS4 just to play this.

It's more like people who got caught up in the hype and bought a PS4 at launch will finally have something to play.

Oh, they're out there - or at least they say they're out there.

Xeo, I personally don't give a fig about sales - but you know who does? Sony. Is this game going to sell 1 million PS4 consoles if it's an exclusive? I somehow doubt it. Popular or not, the Souls series is still a niche title, and out of the current 7 million PS4 owners, it's a bit foolish to assume that even half of them will pick this up. If I was Sony I would be tapping into the installed PS3 sales base as much as I could to sell and grow my IP.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I'm thinking this will be a Souls game, but not a Dark game. I figure its either a Demon's Souls sequel, which I highly doubt, or some new piece of the Souls group.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

You guys are all way off. It's obviously Nightmare Creatures 3.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Sload Soap wrote:You guys are all way off. It's obviously Nightmare Creatures 3.

Or the new Van Helsing game... starring Hugh Jackman...

MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

E3 footage and official announcement trailer. It's apparently not going to be Souls anything, but a brand new IP called Bloodborne. Also confirmed as a PS4 exclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfYyJtyLf0o
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

MrEco wrote:E3 footage and official announcement trailer. It's apparently not going to be Souls anything, but a brand new IP called Bloodborne. Also confirmed as a PS4 exclusive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfYyJtyLf0o

Nice! Weird that they wouldn't attach the souls name but whatever.

I will just buy zen Erik's ps4 sells his to buy a white one.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

flex wood wrote:Nice! Weird that they wouldn't attach the souls name but whatever.

Yeah, I don't think Blood Souls sounds like a bad title at all. It could just be an attempt on their part to make sure that people know this is a new series, and not a continuation of Dark Souls. With how many people still get confused to this day and think that Dark Souls is a sequel to Demon's Souls I can't really blame them.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Making this a new IP gives them the freedom to do some majorly different things from the Souls games. Maybe the two weapons shown in the footage we've seen are the only two weapons. Maybe there's a large freeroam component (there is a horse).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

MrPopo wrote:Making this a new IP gives them the freedom to do some majorly different things from the Souls games. Maybe the two weapons shown in the footage we've seen are the only two weapons. Maybe there's a large freeroam component (there is a horse).

After watching the official trailer, it definitely seems to be a Souls game, regardless of the name (which will hopefully change, Bloodborne is stupid and lacks the Souls brand recognition). I also hope they stay true to the formula and avoid "Zelda-ing" it - riding around on a horse is a perfect example of what they shouldn't include.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Someone is pessimistic. :lol:

PS4 sold!