Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Level up here
Omerta
Next-Gen

Re: Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Post by Omerta »

And done.

Gotta hit up the Chalice Dungeons and find the Crow Lady on the next run.

There's a few trophies left, but I'm saturated at the moment.

Bravo, From Soft. They've lovingly held me as a willing participant in a twisted and abusive relationship once again.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
horseyhorsey
8-bit

Post by horseyhorsey »

I'm now at level 44 and having exhausted Old Yarnham (I think!), and unlocked the first dungeon, I am now discovering a mammoth chunk of Cathedral Ward. Got a feeling there's a boss close by, but I've just woken up in a hidden village. I've also been experimenting with other weapons besides saw spear and saw cleaver. Don't know why I left it so late to go buy some others. Do they all max out at +3 fortification?
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

horseyhorsey wrote:Do they all max out at +3 fortification?

They do if you only have Blood Stone Shards. You'll need Twin Blood Stone Shards to upgrade them further. Then Blood Stone Chunks. It will max out at +10 with a Blood Rock.

With the exception of Blood Rocks, all of the other upgrade stones should be fairly easy to obtain as the difficulty progresses in each area.

You'll also be able to use Blood Gems to customize your upgrades for each weapon as you get into higher levels of that weapon.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
horseyhorsey
8-bit

Post by horseyhorsey »

Cool. I just picked up my first twin blood stone shard last night, so hopefully I can start putting those to use soon. I've been using the various blood gems for fortification on my favourite weapon, saw spear. I need to practice more with some of the others, but I'm so used to the rhythm and reach of saw spear that I find myself instinctively switching back to it.

I discovered the cool 'trick' that it's often quicker to switch weapons twice than wait for the retraction animation. When you switch back it has auto retracted. Depends on the situation though.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Good lord. This Defiled Chalice Dungeon is eating my lunch.

I've been trying to get 100% of the trophies and these bosses are making me earn it.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Now I have all of the trophies.

Since the I've co-oped like crazy and the PvP seems extremely shallow, I'm officially retired until DLC or Dark Souls III (or even a PS4/X1 Scholar run).

What a masterpiece. This alone is worth the admission price of a PS4.

On to the future, amigos.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
horseyhorsey
8-bit

Post by horseyhorsey »

It is great. I have no idea if I'm progressing at a typical rate, but I'm kinda deliberately taking my time with it. 50 hours in, level 70, just took out the huntress in great cathedral, and unlocked Ya'haargul unseen village.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Are you on the second instance of the Unseen Village (aka beat the forest, Byrgenwerth, etc.) and done with the the side stuff like Hemwick Charnel Lane?

Because if haven't done that stuff and you've entered the Unseen Village through the kidnapper way, I'd say you're pretty high level.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
horseyhorsey
8-bit

Post by horseyhorsey »

No, I've done Byrgenwerth etc. I did initially discover the hidden village via the kidnapper, but it absolutely kicked my butt.
horseyhorsey
8-bit

Post by horseyhorsey »

I didn't realise there was any linear element to this, i.e difficulty increases as you move right to left, top to bottom through each gravestone. I spent way too long in Hypogean Gaol (which I now cannot access), and Nightmare Frontier, thinking the game was insanely hard. I hadn't even opened the big gate at Cathedral Ward at this point. Oops!