Level up here
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

by noiseredux Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:40 pm

dsheinem wrote:Fuck me. Still not shipped. It's been stuck in this same status for like five days now. Stupid Best Buy. :x

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage. ... ys&seeAll=
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Stark wrote:That's a bummer dude, I was interested in hearing your take, since you didn't get into the others. Am I remembering that right?

I only played some of Demon's Souls and couldn't get into it...in fairness I only tried a little bit and there were parts I liked. I skipped both Dark Souls games, but I do own the first one on the 360 and should play it at some point. Bloodborne interests me because I really like all the art I've seen associated with it, I have heard that it deviates somewhat from the Souls formula, and I like playing RPGs on consoles. It also looks like the last PS4 game of note for some time...

I also ordered the guide, which is delayed until early April. I figure I will give it a full-hearted attempt now and dive back in with guide assistance next month if I find myself getting frustrated.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:45 pm

noiseredux wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Fuck me. Still not shipped. It's been stuck in this same status for like five days now. Stupid Best Buy. :x

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage. ... ys&seeAll=

I already have that game, have finished the campaign and intend to go back once the DLC hits the PS4. What's your point?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:47 pm

I was saying that since you have time off with no Bloodborne you should just bite the bullet and get the DA:I DLC on PC instead. But I was saying it in a cute way.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:07 pm

I saw some complaints on Amazon about orders getting pushed until next month. Mine only shipped yesterday, and should arrive today - minor quibble, but that's not exactly release day delivery. I'm wondering if there are supply issues farther up the chain.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:08 pm

isiolia wrote:

I saw some complaints on Amazon about orders getting pushed until next month. Mine only shipped yesterday, and should arrive today - minor quibble, but that's not exactly release day delivery. I'm wondering if there are supply issues farther up the chain.

I am mostly worried that they don't have one for me at all at this point. That would suck.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:52 am

Amazon gave me $10 promo credit for not getting the game to me on Tuesday (I suspect this is a blanket thing, since it promised I'd still get the game...which had already arrived).

In-game, I finally managed to loop back around to the first lantern past the starting one and open the gate to the left. The bar definitely seems to be set higher for initial progress (such as it is) than the Souls games.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:54 am

isiolia wrote:Amazon gave me $10 promo credit for not getting the game to me on Tuesday (I suspect this is a blanket thing, since it promised I'd still get the game...which had already arrived).

Yeah, I got the same thing, only I did have the game delivered on Tuesday, so they didn't even miss promise.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:28 am

Wow it sucks some of you guys in North America are still waiting. I got my game today, even though the official UK release date isn't until tomorrow. Hope everyone gets theirs soon.

First impressions based on starting today are very good. I'm addicted. I managed to defeat the Axe-wielder too, which I was pretty proud of.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:19 pm

Alright, so far I've gotten in a good amount of play time, enough to beat the first two bosses. So far I really love the game. The combat is fun, the world and atmosphere feels threatening, the level design is great. I'm very glad to be playing this. It already feels more promising in just about every way than Dark Souls 2, though I didn't hate that game like some people. It's far too early to see how it'll compare to Demon's or Dark Souls.

Also, did anyone else finish the side quest with the little girl looking for her mother?
I really regret telling her they were dead. I hope the community can find some round-about way to keep her safe that I missed. D:
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Return to RPG