Bloodborne thread (formerly Project Beast)

Level up here
Opa Opa

Re: Project Beast hype thread

Post by Opa Opa »

Great, another game trailer that conveys little info on actual gameplay and story... :|

Is this game playable on the show floor? (As in we'll get first-hand impressions articles and videos?)
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Full gameplay trailer has been leaked, this is where those screenshots and such came from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTBFUnm1hYU

A variety of weapons and new enemies shown off, looks very exciting.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

I still don't see any reason why this couldn't easily run on a PS3 - consensus seems to be that it will run at 30 FPS. I would be fine with a Dark Souls level of graphics if it meant a PS3 release.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:I still don't see any reason why this couldn't easily run on a PS3 - consensus seems to be that it will run at 30 FPS. I would be fine with a Dark Souls level of graphics if it meant a PS3 release.

How exactly was that consensus reached? And regardless, Sony is directly involved, and Sony wants to sell PS4s, so it's coming out on the PS4 instead of the PS3 and you have to accept that fact.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

MrPopo wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:I still don't see any reason why this couldn't easily run on a PS3 - consensus seems to be that it will run at 30 FPS. I would be fine with a Dark Souls level of graphics if it meant a PS3 release.

How exactly was that consensus reached? And regardless, Sony is directly involved, and Sony wants to sell PS4s, so it's coming out on the PS4 instead of the PS3 and you have to accept that fact.

Simply Google "Project Beast 30 fps" and about twenty sites come up, as well as sites like Reddit, IGN, and the Demon's Souls forums. I'm not accepting that fact until I hear it directly from Sony.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

A lot of new info came out of a playable demo recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vFJd-L14oM

The developers have said that -most- weapons will have alternate forms to them, and you will be able to switch forms mid-combo. They confirmed there will be no shields in the game, but the player will have even more mobility available to them with faster side dashes while locked onto an enemy, and the back step move will now have longer range and larger invincibility frames. Estus Flasks are being replaced by "Blood Vials" which will be permanently mapped to the Triangle button, with other items still being activated by Square. There will also apparently be a very interesting mechanic where if you attack an enemy quickly enough after they damaged you, you can return some of your life, further cementing the fact that combat in Bloodborne will be faster paced and more aggressive than in the Souls games.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

MrEco wrote:A lot of new info came out of a playable demo recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vFJd-L14oM

The developers have said that -most- weapons will have alternate forms to them, and you will be able to switch forms mid-combo. They confirmed there will be no shields in the game, but the player will have even more mobility available to them with faster side dashes while locked onto an enemy, and the back step move will now have longer range and larger invincibility frames. Estus Flasks are being replaced by "Blood Vials" which will be permanently mapped to the Triangle button, with other items still being activated by Square. There will also apparently be a very interesting mechanic where if you attack an enemy quickly enough after they damaged you, you can return some of your life, further cementing the fact that combat in Bloodborne will be faster paced and more aggressive than in the Souls games.

Cut it out! Stop trying to make me buy a PS4, I'm waiting for a price drop and/or, like I said, Zerik to sell his.

Looks so good though. Am I stupid for having my fingers crossed for a PC release?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The demo makes it very clear this is running on the Souls engine. That lifesteal mechanic seems to be pretty central to the changes they're making to combat; the amount it heals is substantial.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

Also I hope they name the DLC The Bloodborne Identity followed by The Bloodborne Supremacy and finally The Bloodborne Ultimatum to finish the trilogy and eventually do a poor spin off.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

It's so weird not hearing the soul absorption sound heh.

I'm digging the changes. No shield and more aggression, it'll be different enough from Souls.