Valkyrie Profile PS1 is not worth 70 dollars you pay for

Level up here
isiolia
Next-Gen

Re: Valkyrie Profile PS1 is not worth 70 dollars you pay for

Post by isiolia »

JC48573 wrote:Like why go through all the trouble just to get a copy that is 10 times more expensive just because so and so said it was superior? BS. I can live with the lag and small screen and save me that money to get other games I like. Yea, I am whining.....

If a minty CIB copy was $70, I'd be inclined to disagree with you. Since $70 seems to be more for disc-only these days, much as I like the game, I'd agree that it's probably more than it should be worth - though I disagree that it's okay for other PS1 RPGs to cost that, just not Valkyrie Profile. I'd apply the same logic to anything with a decent, far cheaper port available, if the point is acquiring it to play.
JC48573
128-bit

Post by JC48573 »

isiolia wrote:
JC48573 wrote:Like why go through all the trouble just to get a copy that is 10 times more expensive just because so and so said it was superior? BS. I can live with the lag and small screen and save me that money to get other games I like. Yea, I am whining.....

If a minty CIB copy was $70, I'd be inclined to disagree with you. Since $70 seems to be more for disc-only these days, much as I like the game, I'd agree that it's probably more than it should be worth - though I disagree that it's okay for other PS1 RPGs to cost that, just not Valkyrie Profile. I'd apply the same logic to anything with a decent, far cheaper port available, if the point is acquiring it to play.

Nope, I was able to get it for 70 dollars in mint condition CIB.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

JC48573 wrote:Nope, I was able to get it for 70 dollars in mint condition CIB.

Ah, Pricecharting seems to be mixing in a number of CIB in their "loose" auction listings. Still, somewhat on the low side for it. It's not one I typically pay attention to since I've got a copy I bought new when it came out.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

What is the point of this thread? If something is "too expensive" then don't buy it. This game has a remake, I got it the other day for like 6 bucks.
JC48573
128-bit

Post by JC48573 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:What is the point of this thread? If something is "too expensive" then don't buy it. This game has a remake, I got it the other day for like 6 bucks.

That's the point I'm trying to get across despite my lack of there of. My problem is that people always seem to recommend PS1 version over PSP without taking price into account. They say PS1 version is better, but does that still hold true when you start considering the price?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

JC48573 wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:What is the point of this thread? If something is "too expensive" then don't buy it. This game has a remake, I got it the other day for like 6 bucks.

That's the point I'm trying to get across despite my lack of there of. My problem is that people always seem to recommend PS1 version over PSP without taking price into account. They say PS1 version is better, but does that still hold true when you start considering the price?

Better is better irrespective of price. The real question is whether a version is better enough to be worth the price difference to that individual (which varies from person to person).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
winds
128-bit

Post by winds »

MrPopo wrote:Someone's not familiar with Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Couldn't agree more. The world in that game was so empty. Walking into a town with only 1 or 2 NPC's, you could really see the limitations of the hardware. I understand that may be what the devs were going for but it really had a huge underwhelming contrast with some of the huge and crowded towns and worlds in PSX RPGs of the time. Was quite a disappointing game for me considering the hype. Flying a dragon was awesome though.

As for Valkyrie Profile; I haven't played it but am slightly disappointed hearing some people found it underwhelming. It's been one of those games i've been dying to play since it's release but haven't for whatever reason yet. Still going to give it a try some day though.
Nintendoes what Nintendon't!

Tangerine Orange Key: 42915767S1
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Or you could pay $7 for it at a flea market. :mrgreen:
JC48573
128-bit

Post by JC48573 »

MrPopo wrote:
JC48573 wrote:

Better is better irrespective of price. The real question is whether a version is better enough to be worth the price difference to that individual (which varies from person to person).

to be honest, I wouldn't call it better.
PinkPanzer
24-bit

Post by PinkPanzer »

Panzer dragoon saga is definitely an incredible game despite it having aged horribly, and like others have said if you think its too expensive..just don't buy it
The McCollum wood burned well.

GO RAPTORS!!
GO BLUE JAYS!!