"Save Friendly" RPGs Discussion

Level up here
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: "Save Friendly" RPGs Discussion

Post by Jagosaurus »

Yeah Bonez, majority of my collection & my retro RPGs range from NES to DC. In that range, many that aren't save friendly by today's standards.

I have a fair amount for DS, 3DS, & PS2 that generally seem to have a nice save system.

One thing I will mention.... a bit OCD but when u put a 3DS to sleep but don't close the game out, it'll add the asleep time to your hours played. *gamer OCD freak out. Must know how many seconds I played this RPG!* ;)
CavZee
Next-Gen

Post by CavZee »

Jagosaurus wrote:Yeah Bonez, majority of my collection & my retro RPGs range from NES to DC. In that range, many that aren't save friendly by today's standards.

I have a fair amount for DS, 3DS, & PS2 that generally seem to have a nice save system.

One thing I will mention.... a bit OCD but when u put a 3DS to sleep but don't close the game out, it'll add the asleep time to your hours played. *gamer OCD freak out. Must know how many seconds I played this RPG!* ;)

Are you sure? I had Bravely Default in sleep mode quite alot and I'm 90% sure it didn't add to my total judging by my activity log.
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

CavZee wrote:
Jagosaurus wrote:Yeah Bonez, majority of my collection & my retro RPGs range from NES to DC. In that range, many that aren't save friendly by today's standards.

Are you sure? I had Bravely Default in sleep mode quite alot and I'm 90% sure it didn't add to my total judging by my activity log.

It added mine in DQV....maybe it was BC it was DS? I'll test it again this weekend with a 3DS & DS game in a 3DS system.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Post by pepharytheworm »

Some 3DS games it adds time if you close it while the game is running. To fix this go to the home menu and then close the system. Just make sure you don't exit out of the game.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
PinkPanzer
24-bit

Post by PinkPanzer »

Lunar 2 is definitely super save friendly, you can save anywhere!
The McCollum wood burned well.

GO RAPTORS!!
GO BLUE JAYS!!
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

PinkPanzer wrote:Lunar 2 is definitely super save friendly, you can save anywhere!

PSX port or PSP?

Assumed u weren't referring to SCD :)
PinkPanzer
24-bit

Post by PinkPanzer »

^^

I am referring to eternal blue on the psx, it is very save friendly and a great game too!
The McCollum wood burned well.

GO RAPTORS!!
GO BLUE JAYS!!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Exile is a retro RPG I just played recently that allows you to save during the exploration parts, but not the action parts. Also, it's a fantastic game. One of the best I've played all year.