Looking to get a JRPG for 3DS, what should I get?

Level up here
MrPopo

Re: Looking to get a JRPG for 3DS, what should I get?

Post by MrPopo »

irixith wrote:Thanks for the responses.

I think MrPopo nailed most of it -- starting underleveled with a terrible story. Every time I walked out and encountered an enemy, I got my behind handed to me. The battle system is fine, but why are basic enemies so overpowered? After repeatedly dying with no progress, I gave up on it. I'll give it another go later today.

Yeah, that was my experience at the start, but after I gained a level I also realized that I could go into BP debt and bust out a flurry of attacks early on. Barring the enemy being completely dicks you should be able to survive the first turn, and 4x attack from everyone would wipe out all enemies. That let me gain needed cash and levels, and now that I was of an appropriate power level the combat turned much more fun, especially in the boss fights. There's a lot of good risk/reward strategy in the BP system.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Zing
Next-Gen

Post by Zing »

If you have some spare time, this video explains why the Bravely Default demo should not influence any opinion of the retail game:

http://youtu.be/RNNjWq9Env8
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

Zing wrote:If you have some spare time, this video explains why the Bravely Default demo should not influence any opinion of the retail game:

http://youtu.be/RNNjWq9Env8

That about sums it up! Glad I'm not the only one that felt that way. Having your party be annihilated in your first battle when you step outside is ridiculous.