Level up here
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Re: Tales of Xillia (and other "Tales of" games)

by Valkyrie-Favor Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:13 pm

ZenErik wrote:Did you ever up the difficulty? I had fun with the Graces f battling because I unlocked higher difficulties until I was on the hardest one. :)

How do you unlock higher difficulties? I sure hope it's not beating the game :lol:
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:16 pm

In Graces f it just involved a certain number of battles or experience or something like that at a particular difficulty level. If you bumped it up every time it allowed you to you'd end up unlocking more and more higher difficulties. There were at least 3 or 4 above normal. Makes the game a lot more fun. I figured other Tales of games had this system too, but maybe not?
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:55 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Anyone play Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology? It was released on PSP some years back.

I played it. Its a decent 3d action RPG.

I pretty much reached the end but I stopped playing it. I ended up buying some more games and forgetting this one.

Theres lots of nice (I guess) cameos from the PS2 Tales Series.

This game has maintained its price at gamestop. I paid $20 bucks a few years ago and I saw a copy recently again for the same.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Looks like Radiant Mythology has two Japan-only sequels. 8)
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm not sure which style I prefer when it comes to the combat, 2D or 3D. I guess 3D reminds me a bit of Grandia and Star Ocean.

Destiny was the one I played the least because it easily had an insane random encounter rate. I'm never one to really complain about random encounters, but for some reason it feels a little off to me in the older Tales games.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

by Valkyrie-Favor Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:23 pm

Star Ocean 3 had way better combat than Tales of Symphonia. 8)

Haven't played any 2D Tales game, but I played Swordcraft Story 2 and liked it. I heard they were similar somewhere...
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:41 pm

I thought Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World was superior to its predecessor. That seems to be a pretty unpopular opinion though.

The Wii controls are sublime.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Never got around to Star Ocean 3 myself, but watched a friend play a lot (dreadful dub, haha). How was 4? Pretty interested in that one myself.

So yeah, for those who have played Xilia and Graces, how do you think these two stack up against each other?
CavZee
Next-Gen

by CavZee Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:15 am

Just started playing Xillia recently. About 5 hours in so far. This game really doesn't do a very good job of sucking you in to the story. In fact, I'm not really even sure what the character's motivations even are at this point. Hopefully it picks up soon.
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 am

Still waiting for lisalover to post :P.

I have only played Tales of Symphonia. The gameplay was great, I loved that it still had an overworld (unlike FF), but the story and characters were.....yeah....
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Return to RPG