Level up here
touchofkiel
32-bit

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

by touchofkiel Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:09 pm

Yeah, I dunno about the distance thing either, but I do know combat is my biggest problem with this game. It's a hell of a lot of fun to read up on the bestiary, get your proper oils, potions, bombs, whatever, choose which sign(s) to use, etc.

I love how the game makes you prepare like that. But actual combat? Clunky and somewhat boring.
I review (mostly old) games at: The Annals of Retrodom.
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:41 pm

I'm getting close to the end of the game now, it's been a blast.

I'm curious though, for anyone else who's gotten far in the game, we're you as surprised as I am at how small chapters 2 and 3 are compared to 1? Technically there is no actual cut off point that separates the game into chapters, but there are two spots in the game where certain time sensitive side quests will be failed if you continue on the main quest, and those are usually referred to by people as the different chapters. At those same points, the main plot takes a turn in a very different direction.

I don't think it's really a bad thing, but it was very surprising because I got towards the end of chapter 1, suspecting that I was one third through the game, and it turned out I was more like half way or almost two thirds through the game.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:50 pm

I definitely felt that way. I think it comes from there being a lot of chapter 1 quests that are not time sensitive, like the various problem solving in villages not tied to a main character and the Witcher school gear hunts. If you're in completionist mode then you hit up all of those in chapter 1 rather than saving them for later, artificially increasing the size of chapter 1.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Kristopher Trace

by Kristopher Trace Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:10 am

The finale is weak. It doesn't fully depend on your actions and decisions. I expected more. Many moments were missed and not shown. Although before the finale I finished all possible quests to get the most deep ending.
The more you have, the less you see
Return to RPG