SNES and Super Famicom RPG List

Level up here
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: SNES and Super Famicom RPG List

Post by Exhuminator »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Goof Troop

This game is unbelievably overrated. I wouldn't waste my time. And an RPG it is not.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Exhuminator wrote:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:Goof Troop

This game is unbelievably overrated. I wouldn't waste my time. And an RPG it is not.

I'm a little surprised by this statement, as I didn't think we talked about it that much!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Ack wrote:I'm a little surprised by this statement, as I didn't think we talked about it that much!

:lol: Nah I don't mean here, I just mean in general. I've seen this game lauded on so many other forums over the years, as well as making it onto "Best SNES games of all time" lists over and over. You'd be surprised how many people think Goof Troop is an awesome game. Well, I've played it single player and co-op, and if it's awesome I don't know how.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Exhuminator wrote:
Ack wrote:I'm a little surprised by this statement, as I didn't think we talked about it that much!

:lol: Nah I don't mean here, I just mean in general. I've seen this game lauded on so many other forums over the years, as well as making it onto "Best SNES games of all time" lists over and over. You'd be surprised how many people think Goof Troop is an awesome game. Well, I've played it single player and co-op, and if it's awesome I don't know how.

Haha, wow. I consider it a good game, but best of all time? That's...that's pushing it a bit.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Post by Violent By Design »

I dont think I've personally ever seen Goof Troop in a top all time SNES list :lol:
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Exhuminator wrote:

I'd imagine that's to be expected with some games eventually, there's only so much that can be said about the same old classics over and over, so other games get elevated into this, "You guys, THIS hidden gem is amaaaaazing" category when it's only pretty good at best (like Demon's Crest). I will say Goof Troop is a nice multiplayer game.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

Random question about Super Ninja Boy

Does the game allow a 2nd player to join at any time? As in, all they have to do is press start on the 2nd controller and they join the party? I'd try it myself but a 2nd player isn't here at the moment
Ack

Post by Ack »

SNESdrunk wrote:Random question about Super Ninja Boy

Does the game allow a 2nd player to join at any time? As in, all they have to do is press start on the 2nd controller and they join the party? I'd try it myself but a 2nd player isn't here at the moment

I believe it's a decision you have to make at the very beginning of the game.

I really should take another stab at it sometime. I just need a guide to understand how to get through the platforming segments, because the game doesn't explain much of anything.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

More annoying questions I need answered about some RPGs...

Is Mystic Ark officially a 7th Saga sequel? I can't seem to find that confirmed anywhere.

I bugged Bonez about this in another thread, but is Ys: Memories of Celceta a remake of Ys IV: Mask of the Sun?

Similarly, is the PS2 version of Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand a remake of the SFC game? Has it been translated to English by anyone?
Ack

Post by Ack »

SNESdrunk wrote:More annoying questions I need answered about some RPGs...

Is Mystic Ark officially a 7th Saga sequel? I can't seem to find that confirmed anywhere.

I bugged Bonez about this in another thread, but is Ys: Memories of Celceta a remake of Ys IV: Mask of the Sun?

Similarly, is the PS2 version of Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand a remake of the SFC game? Has it been translated to English by anyone?

Officially no, I don't believe Mystic Ark is a true sequel to 7th Saga.

No, it actually replaces both Ys IV: Mask of the Sun and Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys, as both of those were developed by other companies for Nihon Falcom. Memories of Celceta is the actual Ys IV.

To my knowledge, yes, Ys V on the PS2 is a remake of the SFC game.