Mazes of Fate

Level up here
MrEco
Next-Gen

Mazes of Fate

Post by MrEco »

I just heard about this game today. Now according to Wikipedia the DS version is just a remake of the GBA version, but from some gameplay video's I saw they look completely different. Like, for instance, the GBA version is on a grid while the DS one allows you to move freely.

So I'm wondering, if anyone has played either of these, is it just a remake that changes the movement, or are there a lot of other changes that makes buying both versions viable and/or necessary to get the most complete experience?
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
MrPopo

Re: Mazes of Fate

Post by MrPopo »

I've only played the DS version. I wasn't terribly impressed by it, but I've since gained more of an appreciation for Dungeon Master-style games. So I need to give it another chance.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Mazes of Fate

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I have the GBA version and love it.

General consensus among reviewers is that the GBA original is better than the DS remake. Take that as you will.

I say start with the GBA version and if you really like it try the remake.