Level up here
flex wood
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls II Announced

by flex wood Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Yea I had minor issues with setting it up on my PC but I basically just had to re download GFWL. After that it was fine besides the whole having to use GFWL part but that was due to having my email tied to 2 live accounts and Microsoft's incompetence while trying to switch the game to my account.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:37 pm

They should just release it for PS4 and be done with it. :P
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:57 am

Stark wrote:
dsheinem wrote:did you guys know the game is on PS3?

Sure, but there are certain sections of that game that run like absolute crap on a PS3, down to the teens in FPS.

I guess it running at all though is a good point. :)

So if I can get it running, then I get better graphics and smooth gameplay, which is a must in a game like Dark Souls with such precise gameplay.

EDIT: Also it is free on 360 right now...so I am slightly tempted by that.

Where?
Did you yourself experience this?

lol, never noticed anything in my 60 hour run. even with the frame drops in DS1, I just don't care. It's still fine.

I feel like playing these games with such a smooth framerate would be pretty awkward for awhile. Like playing a Genesis port of an arcade game and vice versa, it has to be a pretty different experience. Maybe that's what these PC people like... but I've played all three Souls on consoles and don't see the big deal about these complaints.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 am

Blighttown is terribly choppy. It's not like the slowdown in a Cave shooter; it's more like when you were playing online and suddenly your ping shoots up.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:55 am

MrPopo wrote:Blighttown is terribly choppy. It's not like the slowdown in a Cave shooter; it's more like when you were playing online and suddenly your ping shoots up.

Yeah Blighttown is what I was referring to. I haven't got there on a console myself, so I couldn't say one way or the other. DSII was fine on my PS3 in my experience, but it would be nice to play it on PC eventually at a higher framerate and better textures, etc.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:36 pm

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/4/5779450 ... lease-date

Three part DLC announced. Looks like some interesting architecture. And then there's spitting poison statues on the backs of turtles. Because we hadn't already grown to hate them in the Black Gulch.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:39 pm

MrPopo wrote:http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/4/5779450/dark-souls-2-dlc-lost-crowns-release-date

Three part DLC announced. Looks like some interesting architecture. And then there's spitting poison statues on the backs of turtles. Because we hadn't already grown to hate them in the Black Gulch.

Yeah my first thought as well. Still looks awesome and I wants it.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Poison seemed to be a big thing in the whole game entirely haha.

They had me at pyramids. I echo the thoughts of some commenters around on this, I'm pretty excited for the DLC. The game is massive as is, so I'm all for more. It's an entirely different story compared to DLC for games that only have a 6-8 hour campaign max. It's... a bit different here.
Omerta
Next-Gen

by Omerta Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Yay. Someone found a long chain of exploits. Speed runners rejoice until the next patch.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

by Retrogamer0001 Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:25 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

For anyone interested in seeing many of the flaws/criticisms of DS2 compared to the other games in the series, this video is fantastic and I agree with the vast majority of the points brought up by the author. It's comforting to see that I wasn't the only one who was vastly disappointed in the game compared to the rest of the series.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
Return to RPG