Dark Souls II Announced

Level up here
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Dark Souls II Announced

Post by Stark »

So I tried to play Dark Souls last night, but updates for GFWL and my computer kept me from doing so, better luck next time.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Stark wrote:So I tried to play Dark Souls last night, but updates for GFWL and my computer kept me from doing so, better luck next time.

Welcome to yr new Win8 experience. I could never play Dark Souls on 8 either.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:
Stark wrote:So I tried to play Dark Souls last night, but updates for GFWL and my computer kept me from doing so, better luck next time.

Welcome to yr new Win8 experience. I could never play Dark Souls on 8 either.

You were having a GFWL-specific problem right? Funny (read: not funny) that two Microsoft products work so poorly together. :(
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Correct. And some time on Steam Forums seemed to indicate it was a Win8 specific problem w/ GFWL.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:Correct. And some time on Steam Forums seemed to indicate it was a Win8 specific problem w/ GFWL.

Right, that's what I mean about two Microsoft products not working well together, Win8 and GFWL.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

did you guys know the game is on PS3?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

dsheinem wrote:did you guys know the game is on PS3?

Sure, but there are certain sections of that game that run like absolute crap on a PS3, down to the teens in FPS.

I guess it running at all though is a good point. :)

So if I can get it running, then I get better graphics and smooth gameplay, which is a must in a game like Dark Souls with such precise gameplay.

EDIT: Also it is free on 360 right now...so I am slightly tempted by that.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

noiseredux wrote:Correct. And some time on Steam Forums seemed to indicate it was a Win8 specific problem w/ GFWL.

Is it a new issue? I played it on 8.1 just fine a week or two ago.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

isiolia wrote:

This was maybe a year ago? Maybe they fixed it since, or maybe it was just 8 that had a prob that 8.1 fixed?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

isiolia wrote:

Well to be fair to all the software involved. The only thing that prevented me this time was updates. I didn't want to wait for all of them to complete before playing, so I don't know if I'll have any issues or not.