JRPG For PC

Level up here
J T
Next-Gen

Re: JRPG For PC

Post by J T »

Here are some other games to check out. I would most highly recommend Anachronox. It's made by Westerners, though it looks like a JRPG. The game is incredibly good and off the walls strange.

Recettear
Silver
Septerra Core
Sudeki
Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Good picks J T.

Sudeki should run on most modern PCs, maybe with a bit of tweaking.

Silver is actually pretty cool and under-rated. I have the DC version. The sprites are so damn tiny though!
jejun

Post by jejun »

It's also worth noting that XSEED has been bringing a few games to the PC of late. Many of them lean more toward action RPGs than straight up regular RPGs, but if you're okay with that they're worth investigating. They've released stuff like Cladun X2, Half Minute Hero, and a couple of Ys games so far.
rmontes

Post by rmontes »

Excellent, now i'm playing Ys Origins, its a great old school game.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I looked back at the post I wrote a couple of weeks ago and can't believe I forgot to mention Knights of Xentar. It's the third game in the excellent Dragon Knight series, and the only one released in the US. Graphically, it resembles FFIV/VI/Chrono Trigger with a similar overhead exploration view and sideview battles. Excellent music and funny characters. It's a DOS game (downloads are easy to find) and fully playable in DOSBox. Everyone really need to try this - I consider it a hidden gem of the 16-bit era.

A word of warning though - there is hentai, though nothing too explicit.