Level up here
Ack

Re: RPG Progress Report

by Ack Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Partridge, it's time to bring in Thrack.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 am

I played Xenoblade 2 again for the first time in several weeks. New game plus is dropping this week so I'm farming a few more legendary cores. NG+ will have 7 more rare blades to get (through both cores or quests). The really neat thing about this NG+ is that you can de-level at inns if you want to. Very cool that you can tune the difficulty a bit so that you aren't massively overpowered. I'll probably play it with English voice acting this time around.

I can already tell you that I am going to be using Ursula a lot. I did manage to get her affinity chart filled out when I was running her merc missions to farm lvl 4 blade affinity for Overdrive Protocols. Other than the ridiculous rate at which you get rare blades towards the end, Ursula's affinity chart has to be the most aggravating/time consuming thing about this game. I can't believe the devs thought running hundreds of 5-10 minute merc missions would be fun.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:38 am

The algorithm in Xenoblade 2 for obtaining rare blades has been datamined. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/20 ... 2/76340715

It is a pretty neat read and explains exactly why KOS-MOS is so darn hard to get. This also confirmed my suspicion that the luck stat barely affects your chances of getting a rare blade.
Return to RPG