RPG Progress Report

Level up here
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: RPG Progress Report

Post by bmoc »

Xeogred wrote:Can't decide if Pyra or Mythra is the best waifu.

Mythra is way better as a blade. With enough crit gear, you can pretty much spam driver arts. On top of that, you can be darn near unkillable with an accessory that heals on crit.

Speaking of Xenoblade 2, I beat the level 130 superboss last night....in my item farming gear. Doing a full burst with all 8 elemental orbs does stupid damage. The only other things I want to do are get my last rare blade, do KOS-MOS' quest, and farm a few more Overdrive Protocols. I want my rare blades to be on the right drivers when NG+ drops.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'm in chapter 4 by the way.

Mythra's arts seem way better for sure. What's weird is that when you start using her in this chapter, they talk about how her arts can be open/sky dependent... yet I was exploring in the desert and in some sewers, she was still tearing enemies up when I was testing out the arts there. Weird? Granted I don't think I did her level 4 art, which is maybe the only one that matters out in the open.

Really hope I get KOS-MOS. I saw she's a Light element like Mythra, so I guess maybe KOS-MOS would be better for Nia?

Lila was a tough fight but I managed to beat her my first try.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Xeogred wrote:I'm in chapter 4 by the way.

Granted I don't think I did her level 4 art, which is maybe the only one that matters out in the open.

This is correct. If you try to do the level 4 indoors it reverts to level 3.

Xeogred wrote:Really hope I get KOS-MOS. I saw she's a Light element like Mythra, so I guess maybe KOS-MOS would be better for Nia?

Personally I think attacker blades are better suited for Rex or the 5th driver. The 5th driver is better predisposed to get KOS-MOS because of the high Justice stat that he/she starts with.

Also, you can get a Light Element mod for Poppi on level 5 of Tiger, Tiger. It is a super rare drop from the bottom chest. It can be obtained in easy mode.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Noise, you can heal with your body magic

This made me giggle far too much.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

He's probably right about the horrible death though.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I can only assume that I am good enough for shoes! Noise, get with it! Shoes rock!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

bmoc wrote:
Xeogred wrote:I'm in chapter 4 by the way.

Granted I don't think I did her level 4 art, which is maybe the only one that matters out in the open.

This is correct. If you try to do the level 4 indoors it reverts to level 3.

Xeogred wrote:Really hope I get KOS-MOS. I saw she's a Light element like Mythra, so I guess maybe KOS-MOS would be better for Nia?

Personally I think attacker blades are better suited for Rex or the 5th driver. The 5th driver is better predisposed to get KOS-MOS because of the high Justice stat that he/she starts with.

Also, you can get a Light Element mod for Poppi on level 5 of Tiger, Tiger. It is a super rare drop from the bottom chest. It can be obtained in easy mode.

I was just thinking that it's more ideal to have different elements per Blade, maybe it's not a huge deal though? I haven't really tried to exploit elemental weaknesses against enemies to be fair. But yeah right now I have three attackers for Rex (Mythra, Roc, and Wulfric). And Nia is a Jack of All Trades.

I haven't had a lot of luck getting key Blades yet. Only other ones I have are: Perceval (Nia), Kora, Newt, and Finch.

I'm getting the three bar chain combo attacks with Mythra around a lot easier too now. I think the bar fills up by using a bunch of arts and having no ally fall during battle. I'm still not sure how you can get them extended for another round letting you chain more attacks?

I wanted that running speed increase so I went ahead and looked it up, found this handy guide. Just got the first one so far:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chro ... ent_speed/
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Xeogred wrote:I was just thinking that it's more ideal to have different elements per Blade, maybe it's not a huge deal though? I haven't really tried to exploit elemental weaknesses against enemies to be fair. But yeah right now I have three attackers for Rex (Mythra, Roc, and Wulfric). And Nia is a Jack of All Trades.

I haven't had a lot of luck getting key Blades yet. Only other ones I have are: Perceval (Nia), Kora, Newt, and Finch.

I'm getting the three bar chain combo attacks with Mythra around a lot easier too now. I think the bar fills up by using a bunch of arts and having no ally fall during battle. I'm still not sure how you can get them extended for another round letting you chain more attacks?

Exploiting elemental weakness usually doesn't make or break a fight. You want a wide variety of elements represented in your party for blade combos and chain attacks.

Any blade special attack (pressing A) can start a blade combo. This creates a bar in the upper right that decreases with time. If you do a level 2 or higher blade special before the bar disappears, it will continue the combo if it is the right element. A level 3 or higher blade special ends the combo (again if it is the right element). The branching chart that appears in the upper right when you start a blade combo tells the element paths you can take.

When you end a blade combo, it applies an elemental orb to the enemy which you can see orbiting the enemy. The orb will be of the element that you ended the combo with. You can only apply one orb per element.

When you start a chain attack, the orbs will be displayed as circles across the top of the screen. Think of these orbs as having 3 hit points each. Attacking with an opposing element blade during the chain attack removes 2 HP from the opposing orb. Attacking with an element that currently has no opposing orb will result in 1 HP damage to a random orb (if more than 1 orb is present). When you destroy an orb it is called an elemental burst and you get another round of chain attacks. If you burst 4 orbs then you go full burst and all the orb break. Your characters proceed to go ape shit on whatever you were attacking. Very few enemies can survive a full burst.

Hopefully that makes sense. It is easier to explain with visual aids.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

This part confused me:
Any blade special attack (pressing A) can start a blade combo. This creates a bar in the upper right that decreases with time. If you do a level 2 or higher blade special before the bar disappears, it will continue the combo if it is the right element. A level 3 or higher blade special ends the combo (again if it is the right element). The branching chart that appears in the upper right when you start a blade combo tells the element paths you can take.

For this do you mean for combos outside of the Chain Attack?

So wait, are you talking about the elemental graph at the top right? So level 1 art attacks won't keep it going? That's really good to know if that's what you mean haha. I had no idea.

The rest makes a lot of sense actually though. I just fought Zeke again and noticed the elemental orbs on screen during a chain attack, so that helps explain that a lot now. I'll be on look out for the icons above their heads next time.

Can't believe they made a one eyed monster joke. :lol:
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

If your good enough you can keep that chain attack for more rounds. I've gotten up to 3 rounds of the same chain attack. Massive overkills.