RPG Progress Report

Level up here
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: RPG Progress Report

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, my roots are primarily Scots-Irish. I loved being able to visit, and I'd like to go back someday. I also got to spend a good month in Bristol, England. We did a castle tour in Wales one weekend, and went to Dublin in another. After the Europe portion, we got back early to London and spent three days seeing everything there before flying back. It was pretty sweet.

I also bought a few games over there, haha! My copy of Bionic Commando for Game Boy was bought in an electronics shop in Brussels, Belgium, and I bought Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel from a music store in London. :)
marurun

Post by marurun »

My lineage is mostly English/Scottish/a little Irish/tiny amount native American, but I have never been to the British Isles at all.

So, I finally started the DS remake of Saga 2: Hihou Densetsu / Goddess of Destiny. I've only had a little time with it but so far things are going OK. The randomness of character advancement is a little nutty, of course, but the game is still fun. I did accidentally zip through a bit of dialogue when I hit the wrong button once, and I missed the location of some hidden cave, so I'm wandering around trying to figure out where that actually is. And the translation I'm using does have some weirdness. Some dialogue boxes trail off so that text isn't fully readable. But the translation is otherwise mostly good. I'm trying to rename most of my characters, but MrP0p0 the robot is staying just as he is.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hah, I'm of Irish descent primarily, but I look forward to seeing Scotland and England for the first time. This will only be my second trip to Europe; the first was to Belgium and Germany. We will be staying a little ways from Edinburgh once we get up there. As for England, we will be just north of Manchester for the wedding, so unfortunately no time in London this go around. You guys could come, but I don't think you want to have to deal with this wedding.

Currently my characters in Might and Magic 5 are ranging in the 40s to 50. Exhum levels ridiculously fast, so he has the highest. His thievery skill and high luck have made him a great asset. Most everyone is dominant in a particular stat, except Popo, who isn't quite as up to par with Ack, but still is better off in Might and Endurance than the rest of the party. Popo is the highest in terms for straight hit points though, so nobody go thinking he is a slouch.

As of right now, I have caused the first two levels of a particular castle to return to phase (restoring the four floors of this castle is a major plot element), while also mapping much of the world. I've yet to do much digging in the desert or the Forbidden Zone, but those will probably be coming after a couple more dungeons. I have knocked out three of four directional towers, and I just rescued a bird from the Dungeon of Lost Souls. In terms of plot, I'm not sure how far along I am, but I've made large swathes of the world safe to traverse.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

It's a shame you won't get down to London at all, woulda been cool to meet up for a pint! That said, I'm away a lot around Christmas anyhow so probably would've been away from the city myself too.

Edinburgh is a lovely city though, so enjoy!
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Man in some parts of Scotland, the English spoken language is harder to translate than the Voynich manuscript.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Segata wrote:Man in some parts of Scotland, the English spoken language is harder to translate than the Voynich manuscript.

He'll be fine in Edinburgh. Glasgow is the tough one.
Ack

Post by Ack »

alienjesus wrote:
Segata wrote:Man in some parts of Scotland, the English spoken language is harder to translate than the Voynich manuscript.

That's ok, in some parts of the South, the English language isn't easy to understand either.

Why, heavens to Betsy. I reckon that I'm fixin' to tell y'all, ain't nuthin' like what you heard over yonder where Yankee accents don't amount to a hill of beans. We got ourselves gumption down here, and y'all just too big for your britches, pitchin' a hissy fit and runnin' 'round like a chicken with its head cut off.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Ack wrote:
alienjesus wrote:

That's ok, in some parts of the South, the English language isn't easy to understand either.

Why, heavens to Betsy. I reckon that I'm fixin' to tell y'all, ain't nuthin' like what you heard over yonder where Yankee accents don't amount to a hill of beans. We got ourselves gumption down here, and y'all just too big for your britches, pitchin' a hissy fit and runnin' 'round like a chicken with its head cut off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lGvPAGhW7M
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Ack wrote:
alienjesus wrote:

My mom is from Tennessee and to this day it's near impossible to understand if she is saying Pen or Peeing.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, I didn't have too tough a time in Edinburgh. Now you start throwing some of those Cajun accents in? That gets rough.

I've got a bit of a drawl, but it's not really that pronounced most of the time because I try to enunciate well. It's only when I'm really tired and I stop caring that I start to sound like Dan Rather did in the wee hours of the morning during the 2000 election.

"George W. Bush is tearin' through the South lahk a tornado through a trailer park." I still get a kick out of that. :lol: