RPG Progress Report

Level up here
Ack

Re: RPG Progress Report

Post by Ack »

Ugh, I'm getting tired of Wild Arms 3. I want to finish it, but at the same time, I want to do all the side stuff to mark it complete. I've got about half of the Secret Garden finished, and I'm at 56/99 fights with Arioch. I've made it a good chunk of the way through the Abyss, but I have to start over every time I delve in since I can't save on the fly. So I've gone down to kill the second boss on floor 30. The next one is floor 60 and then floor 100. But I'm seriously saying "Screw this" and just beating the game so I can move on to something else.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

The final dungeon theme for Xenoblade... is absolutely perfect. So fitting, dang.

And yes, at the final stretch here. :mrgreen:
Protronrob
16-bit

Post by Protronrob »

I was up to about 100 hours played on Dragon Quest 8 until my car was broken into and my PS2 was stolen along with my memory cards were stolen
:(
now ive moved onto chrono trigger and DQ3 until i can replace stuff

The chrono trigger im really enjoying other than the loading time for fights because im on the PS1

dq3 is grindhappy and awesome for wasting time during car rides, in line, in class, while waiting on food to cook, and i love that this is where the full HP command came from.
NES,SNES,VB,64,GC,Wii,GEN1,GEN2,DC,XBOX,360,PS1,PS2,GB,GBC,GBSP,DS,PSP,3DS,GG
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

Resuming Valkyria Chronicles again. I beat Chapter 9 which was surprisingly not as difficult as the game had me believe. All I did was have a shocktrooper sneak up behind the armored car and wasted all of my turns wailing on it until it died. 8)

Then I tried the desert skirmish battle and nearly got destroyed. I think next time I'm just gonna try and use the tank to help rush one of my scouts or whomever to the enemy camp to capture it. It seems that's what the game promotes anyway to get higher ranks. :/

Protronrob wrote:I was up to about 100 hours played on Dragon Quest 8 until my car was broken into and my PS2 was stolen along with my memory cards were stolen
:(

That really sucks, but why was your PS2 in your car?
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?
Protronrob
16-bit

Post by Protronrob »

That really sucks, but why was your PS2 in your car?

I was doing a road trip down to florida from maine for a wedding and my dads suv has a tv with the AV hookups and a power outlet so in between my driving shifts i was trying to knock out some levels. On the way back up we stayed at a hotel in NC and the car got broken into

Lesson1: Dont leave stuff in your car even if they have a security guard
Lesson2: Unless you park in the lobby of the hotel they wont cover anything getting stolen from a car
Lesson3: Hotel staff will question you as to why you would still play a system that is ten years old
NES,SNES,VB,64,GC,Wii,GEN1,GEN2,DC,XBOX,360,PS1,PS2,GB,GBC,GBSP,DS,PSP,3DS,GG
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I just beat Xenoblade. I'll post more in the games beaten thread when I have the time, but damn... amazing stuff. And I thank this thread, it's no doubt pretty motivating in a lot of ways heh.
WallCrusher
32-bit

Post by WallCrusher »

Protronrob wrote:Lesson3: Hotel staff will question you as to why you would still play a system that is ten years old

Hotel staff can mind their own business. We play systems that are 10+ years old because we like the games on it.
WANNA GET YOUR WALLS CRUSHED?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Final Fantasy IV Advance is completed (or, at least the main story is. I'm not counting the Lunar Ruins right now.) See summer gaming challenge thread for details.

So that leaves me Pokemon Silver (probably with a non-working battery) and Kingdom Hearts. I don't know when I'll restart either of those. Since the Pokemon game probably doesn't work, it'll probably be Kingdom Hearts. Pokemon I'll save for later. The local guys at the game store can replace the battery for me for cheap.

But no starting another RPG until at least one of those is done.

*crosses fingers*
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

Okey, I'm done with VtM: Bloodlines, I'm going to youtube the endings and call it a day.

I have yet again gotten into an unwinnable situation because the game wasn't playtested. There's simply not enough useful ammo to beat the final part of the game because there's not enough money and even if you had it, you can't carry enough clips to kill all the mooks without using cheesy tactics or having a melee character.

There are only two useful weapons by this stage of the game and one will run out of bullets after 50 enemies. The other is a rifle and you need it to kill the final boss because the flamethrower doesn't have enough juice. So if I wanted to beat the game I would need to try the whole mission again and slooooowly kill enemies by cherrytaping them with beginner's weapons or my underpowered melee just to have enough bullets to kill the enemy.

And that's not all: After kiling that boss I still have to go to kill another and the game doesn't give you more money or bullets.

This has completely ruined my experience, to be frank :(
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

You must have used a much different build than I did, 'cause ammo for the best weapons was definitely a bit scarce, but it wasn't that dire. Just more of a "save this for the boss" type thing.
It just forced tactics other than running in guns blazing. Non-boss enemies are susceptible to a lot - draining them of blood, making them kill themselves, going invisible and walking by them, sneaking up and stabbing them, and so on. Plus you can pretty readily get powerful melee weapons, which don't take nearly the skill points to be effective.