South Park RPG

Level up here
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: South Park RPG

Post by Gamerforlife »

Combat system in this game is awful. Unlike the Mario rpgs this game emulates, enemies don't telegraph their attacks, which makes succesful blocks a crap shoot. On top of that, enemies attack multiple times in succession. So even if you get lucky and block one attack, you might get hit by the next two or three and take tons of damage

How can you fuck up Mario rpg combat? Seriously, it's the most simple rpg combat system there is :roll:

Having played Mario & Luigi Dream Team not long ago, this feels awful by comparison
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

They telegraph plenty. Hell, there's even a circle that appears on your character when you're supposed to block. I'm not sure how much more you need.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

So I just started the 3rd day and the game is just so easy because of the blocking / critical hit system. I am playing on hardcore and have only died twice (against the same boss).

Anyone else find the game way too easy?

EDIT:
MrPopo wrote:They telegraph plenty. Hell, there's even a circle that appears on your character when you're supposed to block. I'm not sure how much more you need.

I agree, as I said above, they over telegraph.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

When I discovered how effective the periodic damage debuffs were the game became much easier. I'd customize my ranged weapon to leave my targets with a burn and several bleeds and even bosses would be dead in a few turns.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Do you guys consider the game too easy? I'm not really interested in spending sixty bucks on a game that I'll just breeze through without any kind of challenge at all.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

MrPopo wrote:When I discovered how effective the periodic damage debuffs were the game became much easier. I'd customize my ranged weapon to leave my targets with a burn and several bleeds and even bosses would be dead in a few turns.

Yeah, bleeding is brutal. I would slow enemies down with modded weapons, then X4 bleed, then because they were slow I could do it again, I had most the board 2 or 3X bleeding by the end of the first turn, then you pair it with butters ability to heal and attack in the same turn and you can't really lose.

Retrogamer0001 I guess it depends how often you play RPG's I find it pretty easy on the hardest difficulty, but most of the games charm and enjoyability is outside the battles. It is a huge love letter to South Park fans.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:Do you guys consider the game too easy? I'm not really interested in spending sixty bucks on a game that I'll just breeze through without any kind of challenge at all.

You will not be playing this for the challenge. You will play it for the Southpark humor. It is a basic RPG with standard quests. The Southpark theme of it is worth the 60 bucks.

Well, I got inspired because of it and used some trade and spendable money and bought all 16 seasons to watch LOL. Most were used and rather cheap so it did not set me back too far. I also unloaded some Pokemon VHS tapes towards it!!
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

wclem wrote:
Retrogamer0001 wrote:Do you guys consider the game too easy? I'm not really interested in spending sixty bucks on a game that I'll just breeze through without any kind of challenge at all.

You will not be playing this for the challenge. You will play it for the Southpark humor. It is a basic RPG with standard quests. The Southpark theme of it is worth the 60 bucks.

Well, I got inspired because of it and used some trade and spendable money and bought all 16 seasons to watch LOL. Most were used and rather cheap so it did not set me back too far. I also unloaded some Pokemon VHS tapes towards it!!

I think I'll wait for this one to drop in price then, as much as I love SP.

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

@Retrogamer0001

Just gameshare it. You'll get to play it for $10. That's what I did.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

There are two types of games I like to play. One type where I play for the challenge and one type where I play purely for the fun. Stick of Truth falls into the latter category. I wouldn't say it's offensively easy and it's just an absolute blast to play. So many cool references to old episodes and hilarious gags. Plus I needed an RPG-lite game that I know I will end up completing. I don't have the patience for hardcore RPGs anymore.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328