Fable 2 Online + Emotions + Xbox Live better than Wiimote

Level up here
PacoDG
24-bit

Fable 2 Online + Emotions + Xbox Live better than Wiimote

Post by PacoDG »

In an interview with website Canaljuegos, Peter Molyneux let some good info fly. On top of the pretty large statement he made about the Wii controller not being as impactful as Xbox Live is saying a lot. I can see both sides though, I mean, yeah, the Wii wiggles around for you to make movement, while Xbox Live is making connecting through online play the most simple thing a person can do. Though Nintendo and Sony offer their free online services, Xbox Live users just know “you get what you pay for” and with Xbox Live, it is the best.

Other things discussed in the article include praise to Lionhead (well deserved). They are working on another title right now, a casual type game, that may feature elements of an older game he was working on, "Project Dimitri."

On Fable 2, a good amount is discussed about emotions playing a part in the game much like moral decisions. In a question about online play, he replies with “This not something I can talk about at the moment," which we all know means online play is going to have some part in this game.

I am really starting to enjoy the crazy character that is Molyneux, he speaks his mind ("most RPG's are shit"). I just hope Fable 2 lives up to the first title and then some.

Up on digg if you want to digg it
durkada
64-bit

Re: Fable 2 Online + Emotions + Xbox Live better than Wiimot

Post by durkada »

PacoDG wrote:In an interview with website Canaljuegos, Peter Molyneux let some good info fly. On top of the pretty large statement he made about the Wii controller not being as impactful as Xbox Live is saying a lot. I can see both sides though, I mean, yeah, the Wii wiggles around for you to make movement, while Xbox Live is making connecting through online play the most simple thing a person can do. Though Nintendo and Sony offer their free online services, Xbox Live users just know “you get what you pay for” and with Xbox Live, it is the best.

Other things discussed in the article include praise to Lionhead (well deserved). They are working on another title right now, a casual type game, that may feature elements of an older game he was working on, "Project Dimitri."

On Fable 2, a good amount is discussed about emotions playing a part in the game much like moral decisions. In a question about online play, he replies with “This not something I can talk about at the moment," which we all know means online play is going to have some part in this game.

I am really starting to enjoy the crazy character that is Molyneux, he speaks his mind ("most RPG's are shit"). I just hope Fable 2 lives up to the first title and then some.

Up on digg if you want to digg it

Well, I'm going to agree with him only to the extent that I think on-ling gaming, for consoles, is of greater importance than the wiimote. The wii-mote is cool, certainly, but on-line is essential.

Nintendo's online offering is virtually non-existent. XBOX Live is ubiquitous with the system. But the PSN, for a variety reasons, I prefer over XBOX Live... my question, and this is due to the fact that I probably haven't explored all XBOX Live has to offer, is what does it have over PSN? Outside of the fact that Microsoft has cyclopean datacenters and world-class network infrastructure, what else does XBOX Live give you which PSN doesn't? (Yeah, I have to use Lovecraftian adjectives to describe MSN and the datacenters). XBOX Live is polished, but also somewhat gaudy and crass.