Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Level up here
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by casterofdreams »

Snowman Death Droid wrote:One of the things that really annoyed me with Skyrim's combat was the killcam. It seems like a small issue, but it really broke up the flow of the fight for me usually. It's cool for like the last guy in a group, but in the middle of combat I don't want to waste any precious seconds to see my character perform an overly elaborate fatality move. If there was an option to turn it off I wouldn't mind so much.

I will say, I'm glad that Skyrim had dual-wielding though. Not even Morrowind, with its diverse weapons, had that.

I loved the Killcam just for the those one off kills from deep with the Bow and later the Cross Bow.There was one instance where I was walking down a hill with a massively tall tower/watch tower like structure with a bandit perched on top. Shot an arrow in sneak and the cam would follow the arrow all the way to the guy, smack the guy, and followed the guy fall into the river. Hysterical!

I second Obsidian for Fallout 4. I feel Chicago would be good place to go. Now I haven't played in awhile but I think the robot ED-E dropped a reference to the Enclave there during the Lonesome Road DLC.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Xeogred wrote:I'm hoping Bethesda will do something else, and just get Obsidian to do Fallout 4. The difference in quality writing/dialogue to me is insane with New Vegas vs FO3 / Skyrim.

But I know Obsidian have ideas for New Vegas 2, perhaps Bethesda could do Fallout 4 and Obsidian does New Vegas 2 down the road.

Either scenario would be awesome as far as I'm concerned. If Obsidian did Fallout 4 we'd get a higher quality Fallout 4. If they did New Vegas 2 then we'd get two more Fallout games instead of one.

casterofdreams wrote:I second Obsidian for Fallout 4. I feel Chicago would be good place to go. Now I haven't played in awhile but I think the robot ED-E dropped a reference to the Enclave there during the Lonesome Road DLC.

I can't remember where I heard it, but a little while back there was some evidence to suggest that Fallout 4 would be set in Boston Massachusetts and have a heavier Lovecraftian influence than the rest of the games in the series. Though it sounds a little too good to be true, unfortunately...
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So even though I'm a dozen or so hours into this game on 360, I am tempted to buy it on PC for $15 on Steam right now during the sale since I know there's a method for transferring saves from one platform to the next.

Three questions:

1) has anyone transferred their save this way? If so, thoughts?

2) I have a mid-range PC at best, but I am curious about trying some of the mods and other perks of the PC version. Do I need a super beefy PC to take advantage of these perks, or should I be ok with a "slightly better than 360 hardware" rig that was high-end when I built it in 2008 or so?

3) If I buy the Steam version, what mods and other things should I check out?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I didn't know QuakeCon was even going on. I should go to it, but I didn't like it before
Edit: I'm talking about this because its the QuakeCon sale.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So I beat the main quest and want to know if there's much, if any, challenge to the postgame. I know that the enemies scale to your level, but I found the last three major fights of the main quest (the last boss and the two enemies that you have to beat on the way) to be easier than some of the fights from earlier in the game. Part of my incentive to keep playing and leveling would be to fell tough opponents. Do they exist? Perhaps in the DLC?
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Should have done everything but the main quest LOL. So far I have only seen the incentive to build my character and play previously unplayed portions of the game.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

I beat the main quest about 2 years ago. After recently upgrading my PC, I went back to do quests for different guilds and find everything I could. So far the difficulty is not very challenging.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

All right. Now that they've released an edition with all the DLC, I guess I will finally check this out. Quick question- is the soundtrack any good? Morrowind's music was quite memorable but I honestly cannot remember Oblivion's. Does Skyrim's soundtrack stand out or is it a throwaway selection?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Opa Opa wrote:All right. Now that they've released an edition with all the DLC, I guess I will finally check this out. Quick question- is the soundtrack any good? Morrowind's music was quite memorable but I honestly cannot remember Oblivion's. Does Skyrim's soundtrack stand out or is it a throwaway selection?

the soundtrack has a lot of Morrowind's music in it. You will see the similarities. I did enjoy the soundtrack though. There are some new songs and also having bards in tavern's singing a ditty is very cool.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

BogusMeatFactory wrote: having bards in tavern's singing a ditty is very cool.

Until they took an explosive bolt from a crossbow to the face. :twisted: