Favourite RPGs

Level up here
Conn
24-bit

Favourite RPGs

Post by Conn »

I'm not sure if many people here play RPGs, but eh, it's worth a shot.

My favourite RPG is currently Tales of Symphonia. I would say exactly why I love it so, but I could probably write an essay on that.

I'm also a fan of it's series- Tales. Though I haven't played much of the series, it's very good from the games I've played. Expessially the battle system, feeling very much like Super Smash Bros. except with less jumping and more blocking.

Other RPGs I like are Dragon Warrior Monsters, Pokemon, Mario and Luigi, Paper Mario, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Trigger, Xenosaga.

Don't like Final Fantasy much, though FF12 looks strangley awesome.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

The ones that stand out for me so far are...
Skies of Arcadia
Golden Sun
Grandia 2
Shining Force
lunar
24-bit

Post by lunar »

I started a bunch of RPGs in the past but haven't completed many, I think the last 2 I finished were Grandia II and Diablo II.

Apart from Tales , what other eastern RPGs are available on GC ? Anyone played Baten Kaitos?
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

lunar wrote:I started a bunch of RPGs in the past but haven't completed many, I think the last 2 I finished were Grandia II and Diablo II.

Apart from Tales , what other eastern RPGs are available on GC ? Anyone played Baten Kaitos?

Get the Gameboy Player for the Cube and you'll have a ton to choose from...

Plus, would Zelda and/or FF Crystal Chronicles count for you?
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

Zelda isn't really an RPG, it's too different.

There's Skies of ARcadia Legends, but I don't think that counts.
Saraph
64-bit

Post by Saraph »

Final Fantasy VIII is easily at the top of my list. I love everything about the game, yes I'm a sucker for a dramatic love story.
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

Saraph wrote:Final Fantasy VIII is easily at the top of my list. I love everything about the game, yes I'm a sucker for a dramatic love story.

That game is my least favorite Final Fantasy. I'll keep my mouth shut though.

I'll take: BOF4, DWIII, Chrono Trigger

Theres so many RPGs out there to play...
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

Front Mission III
Star Ocean: 2nd Story
Tales of Destiny
Xenogears
arion
Next-Gen

rpg´s are good

Post by arion »

thinking back i did play the old "gold box series" on the amiga games such as champions of krynn, Death Knights of krynn and they were good fun back then :D and i was only about 10 years old when i played them.

Later when i got my own console the Mega Drive i got Buck Rogers : Countdown to Doomsday it wasnt the best looking game but it was good very good even. But then i got Shining Force II wich was also the first japanese rpg i played and it remains as one of the best games i´ve ever played.

After that tho i stopped using consoles for some time since i got my own pc and the most memorable rpgs were Diablo 1 and Daggerfall..note Diablo 2 as far as im concerned isnt nearly as good as the original.

and as some might remember rpg´s for pc kinda died out for some time it wasnt until Baldurs gate and fallout were released rpg´s made a good return (pc format made Strife rpg of the year in 1996 or 1997 the reason was there was no competition) altho i never finished Baldurs gate, fallout 1 and 2 i not only finished but have played through them more than once yes they are just that good.

on another note the final fantasy games for the psx werent that good as far as i am concerned..well the storyline is without a doubt good but it suffers from that cursed random battles nonsense after some time the battles start to feel more like a grind that also kept me from enjoying skies of arcadia. And grinding is in no way fun hence the reason i cant be bothered with Mmorpgs.

Lets not forget Planescape torment best underrated rpg ever you might not have heard of it or played it but if you can get your hands on it do get it cus its good :D

and if Shenmue is a rpg then its definetly worth a mention here if not its a good game anyway :D
ocean
8-bit

Post by ocean »

my fav is oni zero fukkasu and samarai showdowns rpg