Sega Saturn Problems: Sound, Glitch and Bad Copies!!

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
dicipleofchrist81
8-bit

Sega Saturn Problems: Sound, Glitch and Bad Copies!!

Post by dicipleofchrist81 »

Here is the solution to most of the problems i had and everyone else:

Sound problem:
Make sure alle your mp3 files are 192kbps 44khz stereo, and if you have ogg convert them to mp3 192 than to wav.
You must rename all the tracks to Track_01, Track_02 and so on you get the picture. Track_01 is always the iso/bin and if you have only a bin/cue file you can skip the above.

Glitch Problem:
Just do a 50/60 Hz mod on your saturn becouse some games require 60 Hz, like xmen vs sf, msh vs sf, vampire savior and other game that have glitches like scrambled backgrounds and characters.
Here is a link for the mod:
http://www.saturn.v21hosting.co.uk/model_1.htm

Bad Copies:
2 things can be wrong, 1st the rom you downloaded is corrupt so download a different one and 2nd is that you did not burn it with the right program!
If you have perfectly good files DON'T BURN THEM WITH CDRWIN, use Nero of Alcohol 120% max 8 speed and keep in mind that some programs don't like spaces in the files like Track 01, use Track_01 got the picture again :lol: !!

i hope this helps some people.

Greetzzz and Godbless!!
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

huh?

really...

My monitor just broke and the tech crew beat it until it worked again.

why convert ogg to mp3 then wav... why not strait to wav? Why 192 khz mp3? This all just sounds bizarre... the only useful info I saw in here was the... ummm... write speed. Stragely though I've yet to have a problem burning at 48X

eh whatever.

--------
enough kidding though.

Sound file format doesn't matter as long as your burning software supports on the fly conversion of that format to audio .dat . The name of the files doesn't matter unless your using some old ass win95 or 3.1 software that doesn't like spaces in the name. If your using those... what is wrong with you? The 50/60hz thing kinda is useful... irrelevant to burning. You should in turn realize that if your in Japan or US the games are most likely available in your format and easier to locate... if your in Europe on the 50hz crap, you should of already known your weird PAL standards are different from the rest of the world. Yet strangely better quality in some hoaky manner? Why is that...

Do stick with the low burn speeds though. It just may be that I always have great luck with 48X... but I hear constantly that it's best to burn at 2X or even single write. I'm to impatient.

Something useful as you continually referrenced but yet to explain it and is the BIGGEST problem I've seen people have is what a .cue sheet is exactly and how one can edit it. Which I'm not in the mood to do cause I'm like...

sorry

moody.

[edit]
actually I will do that. Damn am I moody!
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Used to be in the early days of storage and bandwdith constraints, MP3 was a decent idea for rips, but now I go for nothing but BIN/CUE.
Not only is the quality flawless, but others will run into fewer problems trying to burn it.

But yes, I recommend CDRWin for ripping and Nero for burning.

Thanks for sharing your experiences though :)
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

racketboy wrote:Used to be in the early days of storage and bandwdith constraints, MP3 was a decent idea for rips, but now I go for nothing but BIN/CUE.
Not only is the quality flawless, but others will run into fewer problems trying to burn it.

Some of us still have crappy DSL upload rates, and uploading a 700MB cue/bin, for a game only a few people will grab, is not logical. Human ears cannot tell the difference between an APS MP3 and an uncompressed WAV. It's been proven.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:
racketboy wrote:Used to be in the early days of storage and bandwdith constraints, MP3 was a decent idea for rips, but now I go for nothing but BIN/CUE.

Some of us still have crappy DSL upload rates, and uploading a 700MB cue/bin, for a game only a few people will grab, is not logical. Human ears cannot tell the difference between an APS MP3 and an uncompressed WAV. It's been proven.

700MB? That's what winrar is for...
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

racketboy wrote:
Mozgus wrote:

700MB? That's what winrar is for...

Ok well 400MB after compressing, unless it's a game that doesn't use the entire disc. It's still a hassle.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

For my own personal rip... it's Bin/Cue all the way because it's on my computer and I have plenty of space for it. No problem in my book. But for uploading and sharing... mp3 or ogg all the way yo. Your bootlegging, you probably don't have the amazing sound system to notice the difference as well as the game console doesn't even have that great of a sound processor for you to notice any real big difference...

unless you compressing down to like 96 kbit mono crazy stuff like that. 192 and even 128 sound just fine in my book. Saved me a whole 30 minutes to snatch up! That's 30 minutes of gaming... woo hoo!

I rip all my albums to mp3 still (haven't changed as I started this back when there wasn't other options really). I have a very nice receiver and sound system... my cousin "says" he notices a difference, but this is also from a guy who refuses to listen to a ipod because of quality loss. Or thinks because the CD was ripped as raw wav that there was to much quality loss. I personally notice NO difference at all. The sound is still sweet to my ears. (I use a high variable bit rate... similar to the default high quality EAC standard).
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers