My Dreamcast died.

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

My Dreamcast died.

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

And I just bought 3 new DC games... plus an S-Video cable (I want to get the VGA adapter later on).

I just turned it on and about 30 seconds in, it shut off - and when I pressed the button again it wouldn't start back up. Whenever I press it again the power light flashes for a second, but that's all.

Does anyone have any idea what that might be?
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

maybe your power cord caught a snag and uplugged? my power cord always needed to be pushed in extra tight, so try that
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

I don't think it's the powercord, I tried 2 different cords and neither worked. I think the problem is internal, I just don't know what exactly.

It's a pain too I may end up having to buy a new one, unless I find a local place to fix it... and the only guys I know said it was almost impossible since they didn't have a lot of parts.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Might be the fan or your PSU's pins need to be cleaned and aligned. Read this:

http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewto ... 9e839c952c
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

No luck. I replaced the fan with my older (also busted... but not a technical malf.) DC and the same thing happens. I press the button, light flashes the first time, but nothing turns on besides that. I kept pressing the button but after the 1st time it flashed, nothing happened whenever I pressed it. No flash, nothing.
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

I bought a used one on ebay... woo!
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

Indy_aka_Rex wrote:My Dreamcast died.

impossible, thats an oxymoron
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

I hate it when people try to cheat you out of money... I ordered a shitload of games + the VGA adapter from racketboy, and the guy who was SUPPOSED to send me the DC about 2 weeks ago, keeps giving me excuses about shipping and guilt-tripping me into paying more for shipping.
CurulleanCat
32-bit

Post by CurulleanCat »

Dood. Id get all my money back and buy one from a flea market. I got my DC for 15$ because it didnt have the power or video cords.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Indy_aka_Rex wrote:I hate it when people try to cheat you out of money... I ordered a shitload of games + the VGA adapter from racketboy, and the guy who was SUPPOSED to send me the DC about 2 weeks ago, keeps giving me excuses about shipping and guilt-tripping me into paying more for shipping.

Was it on eBay?
File a complaint.