My Dreamcast died.

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

Yeah it was on ebay, I'm waiting until Friday, but if I don't get anything by then... I'm going to report him.
whupthewickedwurm
24-bit

Post by whupthewickedwurm »

Wow, I just bought a Neo Geo CD system and a similar thing happened... after I paid for it and it was shipped out and everything the guy sends me a message like "shipping cost more than I expected so if you could just send me an extra 20 monies..." :?
But he shipped extra fast so I guess I don't really have a problem...
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

If they state up front how much the shipping is, they are bound to it.
If it's more than that's their fault for not weighing it beforehand.

If I'm shopping for something, I have a set amount that I'm willing to pay with shipping included.
If the seller changes that price afterwards, he changes the deal.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

racketboy wrote:If they state up front how much the shipping is, they are bound to it.

If I'm shopping for something, I have a set amount that I'm willing to pay with shipping included.

Exactly. I've screwed myself a few times out of 5 or more bucks because I undercharged for shipping. But one time I overcharged by 5, and so I paypaled the 5 back to him. Gatta keep my 7 year feedback record at 100%.
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

racketboy wrote:If they state up front how much the shipping is, they are bound to it.

Well the thing is, I'm in Puerto Rico.. and despite the fact that P.R. counts as part of the US when it comes to shipping, we do get charged more because, just like Hawaii and Alaska, we're not in the continental US. But the guy never stated: Within the 48 continental US states.

So I figured I'd pay off the extra amount, it wasn't that big a deal. But a few days after, I ask the guy about it, I tell him that I had an error in my address and I gave him the zip code to change it to.

I also requested the tracking number.... he never answers, until late last week, I got another packaged, and when I went to leave feedback I left it in his (yeah... I know), I send a mutual feedback removal response, he replies back and tells me "Oh but you replied and said you got it!" despite the fact that I tell the guy in the message that it was ACCIDENTAL. I then repeat what I said, send the message and I get nothing... until Saturday when the guy says:

Reason why you never got your package is because you changed you address on your paypal & now you have a unconfirmed mailing address & fouled the shipping all up.

I gave him the address and told him that I got every other package I ordered, even with the old zip code... and I asked for the confirmation number - again. If I don't get it by the end of the week, I'm filing a report.

If it wasn't for the fact that the DC he was offering had Gundam Side Story in it, and I got it at a resonable price.. I'd be filing the report already and just shipping my DC over to SEGA to get that one fixed, I'd probably get it sooner from them.
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

Well if you're in Puerto Rico, that's totally different. I know firsthand that when a seller agrees to ship to the US, he's not considering Puerto Rico.

When I had to ship this guitar effects pedal, what would've been $20 ground shipping to the continental US turned out to be $80 to Puerto Rico.
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

jemsic wrote:Well if you're in Puerto Rico, that's totally different. I know firsthand that when a seller agrees to ship to the US, he's not considering Puerto Rico.

When I had to ship this guitar effects pedal, what would've been $20 ground shipping to the continental US turned out to be $80 to Puerto Rico.

Yeah, and I understand that, but I still paid for what he asked. I didn't have any objections to that.
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

Well, I got Seaman yesterday (sans the box, mic instructions and mic windscreen sadly) and today I got the VGA cable, now all I'm missing are the S-Video cables I ordered 2 weeks ago, my 3 remaining games and the DC itself... I really wish I could test out the cable.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Indy_aka_Rex wrote:Well, I got Seaman yesterday (sans the box, mic instructions and mic windscreen sadly) and today I got the VGA cable, now all I'm missing are the S-Video cables I ordered 2 weeks ago, my 3 remaining games and the DC itself... I really wish I could test out the cable.

I actually got my mic, brand new, with Alient Front Online, which was also brand new, for $5, free shipping at ebgames.com when they were clearing out the DC stuff. Seaman is pretty weird. I need to give it another shot.
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

Aww yeah! It took 3 weeks, but he did send the DC (with Gundam Side Story and Soul Reaver). Now I gotta test this thing out - I just noticed that it's a Made in JP model too.