SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
MrPopo

Re: Pier Solar

by MrPopo Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:24 am

Zeonik Freak wrote:Hey when did people get their copies? I got an email on December 13th ish saying it would arrive within 20 days ( i guess business) and i have yet to get my copy in. Im wondering if I need to contact them or i just might give it one more week.

So according to the forums a lot of the shipments got held up in customs due to incliment weather and Christmas/New Years. I'm still waiting for mine as well. If I haven't received it by end of next week I'm going to contact them.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Soloman
8-bit

by Soloman Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 am

You'll probably be waiting for a while. It's Chinese New Year and from what I hear business practically grinds to a halt. I tried ordering from a Chinese website last week and got a notice saying it would be at least a month.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:26 am

So according to the forums a lot of the shipments got held up in customs due to incliment weather and Christmas/New Years. I'm still waiting for mine as well. If I haven't received it by end of next week I'm going to contact them.[/quote]
I got mine on last Saturday (Jan 8th) and got the same email in Dec.
Like MrPopo said if you don't get yours by next Monday, I would call or visit the post office. The game came from China and because of customs you have to sign for it. I'm thinking if you don't have it by next week maybe you weren't home when they tried to deliver it and the little notice got lost.

EDIT: I just saw this on the Pier Solar forums:
For anyone who didn't contact us yet and still waiting for their copies, please do through the contact form on the website. You will get a tracking number.

AND
Since I don't want to double post: I tried for about an hour to find the Western Continent... any assistance would be nice. I will gladly accept help even if it comes with a side of ridicule for lack of patience.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Makes you wonder if the second run will have as many shipping issues and delays as the first did.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:47 pm

The reprint will also ship from China. If shipping from China was the problem, then the delays will happen again. If it was because of the weather and holidays it should ship faster.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Eric

by Eric Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:06 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:AND
Since I don't want to double post: I tried for about an hour to find the Western Continent... any assistance would be nice. I will gladly accept help even if it comes with a side of ridicule for lack of patience.

Go to this part of the forest I circled in red

*screen shot stolen from
http://www.piersolar.co.uk/pier_solar_screen_shots.php
i think it's from the demo
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:39 pm

Eric wrote:Go to this part of the forest I circled in red

Thanks. I tried that forest already... sometimes these highly detailed graphics are too detailed that I cant tell if there is a path or not on some screens.
Anyway I made it past and found the person I was looking for, man I'm really digging this game.
BLOG | BST
Hateshinai
128-bit

by Hateshinai Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:49 am

Got my copy today in good old Europe. Packaging is amazing. Pity that I'm away for 2 days so I can't try the game.
Mostly harmless
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:50 pm

My copy arrived today! I'm going to be trying it out later tonight. I'm really impressed with the packaging; they didn't skimp in any way.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 pm

MrPopo wrote:My copy arrived today! I'm going to be trying it out later tonight. I'm really impressed with the packaging; they didn't skimp in any way.

I have found the game to be quite fun... and hard. The lack of healing spells (and time it takes to perform them) ratioed well to the damage many enemies deal.
But like I said I love this game. I would have never guessed it homebrew since it feels like something from the era on par with Lunar.
BLOG | BST
Return to Sega