SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
3GenGames
32-bit

Re: Pier Solar

by 3GenGames Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 pm

I saw that way earlier, lol. "And the hopes of all US gamers are crushed."...we're not getting it before christmas, LOL. :P

Akron eh? I might ride up and camp at your mailbox for a first run copy. :P
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:16 pm

3GenGames wrote:I saw that way earlier, lol. "And the hopes of all US gamers are crushed."...we're not getting it before christmas, LOL. :P
Akron eh? I might ride up and camp at your mailbox for a first run copy. :P

They are reprinting the game and look to be shipping the reprint (different cart and lower quality box and no soundtrack) for $45 in about 45 days!
http://tavernrpg.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-new-run.html
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
jfe2
Next-Gen

by jfe2 Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:44 pm

Got mine in the mail last week! BEAUTIFUL box art on the Japanese version. Hell, its a beautiful box altogether!
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:22 pm

jfe2 wrote:Got mine in the mail last week! BEAUTIFUL box art on the Japanese version. Hell, its a beautiful box altogether!

Last week! I only live one state away and have not yet received mine yet... sigh.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
StevieC
8-bit

by StevieC Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Mine arrived Dec 27th. The CD that came with it wouldn't work in the Sega CD because of a scratch but the developers suggested in an e-mail to use a PC to burn a duplicate of the CD and then use the burned disc. Worked like a charm. Something about the Sega CD having no appreciable disc read error correction to speak of compared to a PC's optical drive.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:36 pm

StevieC wrote:Mine arrived Dec 27th. The CD that came with it wouldn't work in the Sega CD because of a scratch but the developers suggested in an e-mail to use a PC to burn a duplicate of the CD and then use the burned disc. Worked like a charm. Something about the Sega CD having no appreciable disc read error correction to speak of compared to a PC's optical drive.

This reminds me, they are selling it again but with no cd. Are they going to let us download it and burn our selves or would they have a problem with someone sharing their cd music file?
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:10 pm

pepharytheworm wrote:
StevieC wrote:Mine arrived Dec 27th. The CD that came with it wouldn't work in the Sega CD because of a scratch but the developers suggested in an e-mail to use a PC to burn a duplicate of the CD and then use the burned disc. Worked like a charm. Something about the Sega CD having no appreciable disc read error correction to speak of compared to a PC's optical drive.

This reminds me, they are selling it again but with no cd. Are they going to let us download it and burn our selves or would they have a problem with someone sharing their cd music file?

On their forums they said they would provide a download link. From what it sounds the downloadable CD will just be music only... making me wonder what else is on the original one. Ill put it in my pc and find out once it arrives.
BLOG | BST
Soloman
8-bit

by Soloman Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 pm

The team said they didn't care if someone ripped the CD and sure enough someone did.

EDIT: Apparently not

I'd suggest burning it at 1x speed because of the SCD's slow disc read. The disc is supposed to contain concept art and tech demos as well.

It'd be great to hear some reviews from the small handful that actually have the game. Everybody's gushing over the packaging but nobody is talking about the actual game. The only review so far isn't in English and nobody on the forums has spoken up about the game yet.
Last edited by Soloman on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Soloman wrote:The team said they didn't care if someone ripped the CD and sure enough someone did.

.mdf
.mds

I'd suggest burning it at 1x speed because of the SCD's slow disc read. The disc is supposed to contain concept art and tech demos as well.

It'd be great to hear some reviews from the small handful that actually have the game. Everybody's gushing over the packaging but nobody is talking about the actual game. The only review so far isn't in English and nobody on the forums has spoken up about the game yet.

I downloaded those same files and then I saw this post after the post where the original CD rips were posted was locked:
Hi friends of PierSolar,
Sorry for the confusion. Its illegal to copy & distribute the original disc, its copyrighted material.
However, if you want to make your own disc, see the bellow link:
http://www.piersolar.com/tmp/DiscAlternate.zip
Feel free to mirror it and post your links on this thread.
Enjoy!

So, Im not sure what the difference between the one they want us to download and the original one is, but they don't want us redistributing the OG CD... Now I'm curious.
BLOG | BST
Soloman
8-bit

by Soloman Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:02 am

Well, I edited my post out. From what the people on the forums say it's art and old demos. They sure did jump on the topic quickly because members of the team said "You can burn the disc, just wait for somebody to copy it." I guess all their inside buddies got bent out of shape new people would get everything so they gave us a cut down version.

I'm really not feeling this project. The members are mostly cold and rude, there's more information given about the packaging than the game itself, and the people actually playing the game are keeping tight lipped about it. Everything about it feels like an exclusive club house with a giant "NO NEWBS ALLOWED" sign over their door. I ordered a reprint because I like collecting indie games made on actual hardware but then I started reading the forums and a part of me can't help but feel the game itself is terrible and no one on the forums will openly post about it because they're all good buds.
Last edited by Soloman on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Return to Sega