Jet Grind Radio - DC -- Share Your Thoughts

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
racketboy
Site Admin

Jet Grind Radio - DC -- Share Your Thoughts

Post by racketboy »

JGR is one of my favorite games of all time, and I just got back into it for the first time in a year or so. I started all the way from the beginning and I have to say it's just as much fun this time around.

The game doesn't seem to show its age too much and is still an adrenaline rush.

Anybody else love this game?
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

Yea I really love it. I've never gotten any of the secret characters though. I got all the ones you get from normal progression, but never the dog or the enemy characters. I was sad when they made the sequel for xbox...
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Don't you have to have a code or something for the hidden characters?
There might be VMU save files still out there for them. (Mental Note: should start an VMU save archive for the site)

I still haven't beat the game (ever) -- the last couple levels are hard...
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

I don't know about any code, but if I remember right, you had to get a JET rating on all levels to get the enemy characters and the dog. But to get a JET rating on some of those levels, you gotta be a master or something... I could never do it.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

oh! ok
But I think I downloaded a save file a while back that had all of those.
I wonder if one of my VMUs still has it.

Yeah, this time around, I don't think I had any Jets.
But maybe if I played it a third time after this I might be able to get it down.
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

I havent played it to be honist. My Dream Cast pretty much has SambaDe Amigo Maracas grafted to it.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I completed the japanese main mode but there was a character i couldn't get half away through. I think she was asking you to grind on the telephone wire, but everytime i copied what she did it failed me, even if i did exactly what she said to do :shock:

I downloaded an english version but never really got that far on the second time, i couldn't be bothered.
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

ravenmgs wrote:I havent played it to be honist. My Dream Cast pretty much has SambaDe Amigo Maracas grafted to it.

Man if you haven't played it you need to. Its one of those rare gems that only sega could come up with.
Parn
8-bit

Post by Parn »

I give the game a playthrough every once in awhile. I still am in pursuit of Guitar Vader's first album, which had the Jet Grind Radio edits of songs they contributed to the game, in particular, Magical Girl. Have had no success in the last five years, but I remain hopeful nonetheless.

Alternatively, I'm hoping someone posts a full rip of the game itself, uncompressed so I can convert the audio. Hasn't happened though... all that's on the internet is the compressed pirated version of the game with mono sound.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »