SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

I never had a Genesis. I want a CDX.
bawitback
64-bit

Post by bawitback »

Always wanted one when I bypassed the SEGACD games at Blockbuster back in the day. Also remember I wanetd Popful Mail really bad at that time.
lunar
24-bit

Post by lunar »

I had a Sega(Mega) CD console back then, but didn't have any of the great games. So no good memories of it :)

But yeah, missed out on the great games pointed out in your article.
P1TCH BLACK

Post by P1TCH BLACK »

i just bought this bundle and should be here tomarrow. I'm wondering if the sega cd will need a ram cart i've been seeing to save cd games.
edit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
gup
8-bit

Post by gup »

@PitchBlack:
Yeah, you'll probably want a RAM cart. Been awhile, but I don't remember the system having a lot of space.

Core owned Sega CD: Soulstar, BC Racers, Battlecorps, Wonder Dog ... all pretty good games with impressive effects for the day. Nothing but downhill for them after that ;) ....

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs was pretty slick for the type of game it was.

Also, if I remember right, Sega CD was only way to get a copy of Flink (very good platform game with great art/animation) in the US.
CurulleanCat
32-bit

Post by CurulleanCat »

Dammit I need to get mine fixed. I wanna play some sega CD games. :evil:
freneticburn

Post by freneticburn »

CurulleanCat wrote:Dammit I need to get mine fixed. I wanna play some sega CD games. :evil:

Get this emulator: http://www.retrobase.net/gensplus/

You can toss your Sega CD games in your CD drive and play them, it even allows you to have the RAM cart and EACH game will have its own sega CD/RAM cart memory. Also if you have a buddy with Sega CD games you can have him just copy them outright with Nero or somehting and the CD-R will work and be playable with the emulator. Also it plays import discs as well so you could get Japanese games off eBay and play them on it.

Holy shit! I thought I was one of the VERY few that loved my Sega CD. Games like Eternal Champions, Shining Force CD, Robo Aleste, Dungeon Explorer........>_< the list goes on. I have so many fond memories of my Sega CD, unfortunately my actual system is messed up (makes NASTY clicking noises when games load which is probably from worn out plastic gears for the lens mover, lol) so I just use Gens+ emulator now. Thats awesome though because i got a nice gamepad with a perfect 6 button setup for my PC/laptop and I work overnights as a clerk at a gas station so I just sit around playing Sega CD games and watching DvDs on my laptop at work, that is if I'm not screwin around with buddies. Also since I own some rare games that cost assloads of $$$ (like Lunar and such) I can just copy my discs and leave the real copy at home while I got an expendable copy with my laptop at work. Glad to hear mroe people appreciate the Sega CD for what it is and what little it even could do in the states. I just wish I knew Japanese so I could play the, supposedly, superior Shadowrun game on Sega CD. I loved the SNES Shadowrun and never really played the Genesis one which I know is quite different.