Site Admin

Who Loves Their Sega CD?

Post by racketboy »

I need to get another one again.
I miss mine after putting together The Games That Defined The Sega CD
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

I love my SegaCD. It my baby... I will love it and hug it and kiss it and squeeze it. Oh how I love my SegaCD!

When I first bought it as a kid I actually didn't get many games for it. But those I did I was very glad and happy with my purchases; including titles like:

Sonic CD: I personally LOVE the soundtrack. Best sonic soundtrack I've heard... I actually still TODAY carry the disk in my CD case and listen to it for the music.

Lunar: was the game to get me to play RPGs

Earthworm Jim SE: I played the gennny version at my friends all the time. When I finally scraped up the money to buy the game I ran to the store and just as I was about to buy the genny version my brother pointed out it was on SegaCD. I automatically snatched that version up instead and was VERY happy with my investment. The additions to the game were spectacular. The soundtrack was better, the additional level was eery and fun (but kinda felt out of place), the extra weapons were great to show off to all my CD bashing friends, and most importantly the extensions to certain levels (heck being the most noteable) helped make the level feel more complete. In the Genny version Heck felt like it just jumped around to much and didn't flow properly... this game kept all the levels very smooth in flow.

Ecco the Dolphin Tides of Time: (I didn't get the first one as I had it on the genny) This game was my pride and joy of the console. The FMV clips were amazing at the time of release... I'd never seen anything like it. And the most important part was my mother never complained if I was playing this game. She loved the music and the pretty sights to be seen. She'd actually sit and watch me play sometimes. This is a women who if she saw me even THINK of turning my genny on she'd say, "I think it's time for you boys to go play outside and get some fresh air".

Eternal Champions: The ONLY fighting game I ever truly liked.

Sol-Feace: yes sol-feace... in a time when I was merely 9 years old and the games that were purchased by my family were usually weighed upon what I either saved MY money for or what my brothers wanted was the style we got. No one in my family besides me liked shmups and despite the SEGA being MINE! (yes... mine... I got the genny for my birthday and the SegaCD was purchased with my hard saved money that took me a VERY long time to save up). Sol-Feace was one of the pack-in titles of the first version of the SegaCD (which was great because you got tons of games with the first release... it kinda made the 300 dollars a little less painful). It was then the only shmup I owned... and I fell in love with it, mastered it and to this day still enjoy the game for it's nostalgia.

I remember how I'd starve myself at lunch and save the mere 1.50 a day to buy my games and consoles. I'd save every penny I found on the ground, every dollar I got for taking out the neighbors garbage in my building. It would take me months and sometimes years (in the case of my SegaCD) to save up the money for just one title and the pay off was great. When you come home at age 9 and 10 with a SegaCD and Earthworm Jim SE or Sonic CD with your own hard earned cash those things get etched into your memory for years to come.

It is probably why still today I am such a big fan of this console.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Someday I need to download some of the these SegaCD isos. They emulate just as well as Genesis right? This and 32x are so new to me.

Edit: Someday became now.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

Ha... every day I get more and more anxious to move to my new house.

Not for the owning part

Not for the yard nor the garage...

NO

So that way I can set up my damn server and start hosting my FTP and a ton of torrents! jeez... I have a half a terrabyte in videogames alone to share... why oh why am I delayed!

I've continually tried to host them from my apartments prior to this, but alas it doesn't work. I don't have the cabling, computer power, or conscientous roommates to not FUCK with my God damn network connection. I'd set it up and people would log into my router and cut my ports, they'd unplug my cable when I locked the router, they'd cap my speed, they'd come in my room and turn it off... they'd do whatever possible... even if by accident. This is what I get for living with FPS fans. Damn bastards... BASTARDS! I pay for that internet connection... why can't I utilize it!?

Jakanden
16-bit

Post by Jakanden »

I still have my Sega CD and lubs it. I am currently replaying Popful Mail and Lords of Thunder. I recently beat Vay, Dark Wizard and Lunar as well =)
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

I don't have a segacd, but I absolutely LOVE Hook for sega cd. The music is incredible.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

who the hell is the chick in your avatar?

jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

milla jovovich
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

i thought so

Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

I love the SEGA CD, I just sold one on ebay, but that one was just a spare, I still have a CDX and SEGA CD 1 and 2