Which Sega Genesis / Megadrive Model Do You Prefer?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast

Which One?

Model 1
49%
Model 2
47%
Model 3
4%

Total votes: 51

Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

All I have is a CDX but I like the way the model 1 looks. It's the kind all my friends had.
Guinness
8-bit

Post by Guinness »

Model 1, gotta keep it old school. It looks sweet when mounted on the model 1 Sega CD too.
Droid party
Next-Gen

Post by Droid party »

Model 2 all the way.
JT wrote:Yeah, like vampire aliens invade and hit us all with a ray beam that paralyzes all of our arms. The only way to deactivate the ray beam and fight back the vampire alien threat is with a complicated series of foot patterns on the device's control board that looks remarkably like a DDR pad. We will all praise this man for saving our lives and buy him a mountain of stuffed animals.
megadethdrumfire
16-bit

Post by megadethdrumfire »

i like model 1 the most, but model 3 is my second place cuz it is so small!! i have one in my car
The Apprentice
128-bit

Post by The Apprentice »

I currently use a model 3, but I used to have a model 2 that I really loved. My vote goes to the model 2.
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Post by Flak Beard »

I love my Model 3, but it seems like it gets the most criticism of the three models.
Doctor Fugue
128-bit

Post by Doctor Fugue »

Flak Beard wrote:I love my Model 3, but it seems like it gets the most criticism of the three models.

Probably since it was made by Majesco instead of Sega and people infer this to mean poorer quality. What I don't like is that the Model 3 doesn't work with Sega CD or 32X, and also a few games don't work (Gargoyles, Virtua Racing, and I think Cliffhanger).

Model 1 with small stereo hookup through the headphone jack is king!
"Your vessel, your beginning. All that you knew...is gone." - The Guardian of Forever
Flak Beard
Next-Gen

Post by Flak Beard »

doctorfugue wrote:
Flak Beard wrote:I love my Model 3, but it seems like it gets the most criticism of the three models.

Probably since it was made by Majesco instead of Sega and people infer this to mean poorer quality. What I don't like is that the Model 3 doesn't work with Sega CD or 32X, and also a few games don't work (Gargoyles, Virtua Racing, and I think Cliffhanger).

Model 1 with small stereo hookup through the headphone jack is king!

I never knew that. Oh well, it plays everything I've thrown in it and I don't own (nor have any intention of owning) a 32X or Sega CD. I like how I can fit my Genny 3 and crap load of carts in a storage container the size of a shoe box. :D
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

I like the size but c'mon, it only outputs mono~ :lol: Yeah I know there is a mod to make stereo but most people aren't going to do that.
goaferboy
16-bit

Post by goaferboy »

Model 1 since I like the un-symetricalness of it. Don't think we got the 3rd one in Europe so I have never seen one in the plastic.
God damn I hate the internet.