Genesis wireless controller (1st party)

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

No, the d-pad is much more like the 6-button pad than the original pad. I don't have my 6-button right here at the moment to compare, but it's nothing like the stiff pad on the standard controllers. It's smaller and has that nice, smooth "roll" to it as you move it around.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

Post by ott0bot »

RadarScope1 wrote:No, the d-pad is much more like the 6-button pad than the original pad. I don't have my 6-button right here at the moment to compare, but it's nothing like the stiff pad on the standard controllers. It's smaller and has that nice, smooth "roll" to it as you move it around.

Awesome, I'll still have to see if I can find some around town so I can check 'em out first.
Thanks!
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I need to find that, my saturn 3rd party's worked great but all of the sudden, BAM, it stopped working...
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

I finally won mine on ebay. One of my initial posts back in March was asking about first party wireless genesis controllers, and I've been looking on ebay since. Some have popped up, but often times they were only selling one controller, or one time the receiver was missing. I was willing to buy them with a system and resell the system, but finally found an auction last week that the guy relisted for me at a great BIN price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0254007954

Fingers crossed they work, but he sent me pictures via email and I doubt I'll have problems as the work done on the controller bottoms was to keep the player 1 and player 2 positions in place.
pompeyparsons
32-bit

Post by pompeyparsons »

That's a really good deal for the wireless controllers you got. I've got Acclaim's and I absolutely love them. Now I've got to find myself one of those Genesis 3 models because as someone said before "That's just plain sexy" I love the minimalist look of it.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they work moto.
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

The controllers worked flawlessly, now what to do with those 7 genesis board games and sports titles haha.

Wireless receiver looks kind of ugly on my model 2, I'll have to see how it looks on the model 1, if so I might be giving the model 2 the boot.
peace4myheart
128-bit

Post by peace4myheart »

Just want to confirm that the sega cdx plus two controller extensions and wireless controllers work flawlessly if any is interested in going that route.
"You're just given the illusion that your decisions can actually make a difference when in the end all has been decided by the programmers." NebachadnezzaR
scottykick
32-bit

Post by scottykick »

I see one on ebay, new in box. What is the range i should expect it to go for at the moment it is about $12, with a few days left.
peace4myheart
128-bit

Post by peace4myheart »

scottykick wrote:I see one on ebay, new in box. What is the range i should expect it to go for at the moment it is about $12, with a few days left.

Average price is around 15 dollars plus shipping for two controllers and receiver. I bought mine used for around that price, but depending on the condition, it might be pricier.
"You're just given the illusion that your decisions can actually make a difference when in the end all has been decided by the programmers." NebachadnezzaR
RiverBoa999
8-bit

Re: Genesis wireless controller (1st party)

Post by RiverBoa999 »

Yes, you can use a multi tap with this and it works just fine. I do this for my CDX.