SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Paprium for Genesis Finally Released !

by Note Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:05 am

That's so frustrating. Sorry to hear you still don't have the copy you ordered, chupon.

I really would like to play Paprium, but that company's too unreliable to order from and the resale prices for the game are out of control.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:25 pm

chupon wrote:I don’t understand how anyone - let alone a quasi business - can be so bad with money. It’s pathetic and embarrassing. Whatever. I wait.

I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting.

The whole Paypal seizing their funds fiasco, the excuses and the incompetence is staggering. How in God's name can a company struggle with something so basic as setting up a payment merchant? If Elysian Shadows, which will 100% never ever see the light of day regardless of whatever Falco claims, can still take payment for preorders, then anyone can get something set up.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Update. Not getting any better:

Dear chupon,

Thank you for your patience.

As mentioned in a previous email, we decided to postpone shipping of games until our situation is resolved. Because we cannot restore our sales on the Wm's Magical Game Factory, We decided to launch a KICKTARTER campaign. Which is the release of the game on Next-GEN systems. This campaign should be launched tomorrow.

Few reminders:
- Our goal is to serve you first so you can enjoy the full exclusivity. In the best case scenario, early next year but in a worst case scenario end of 2022.
- The SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive version of the game you will receive will be upgraded and include most of the tweaks found in the Next-GEN version of the game.
-To compensate for the wait, we will enclose the PAPRIUM Manga with your copies.

In the event you want to cancel or modify your order or ask for a refund, please contact the support, answer can take a while but we will honorate all requests whenever our situation is resolved.

Thank you again,

Important notices:
We are still processing tickets at the moment, for the few of those who didn't get an answer yet, more patience is needed, do not double-post tickets.
For returned parcels, incorrect parcel content or technical issues, we have registered your requests and are still processing them / we will get back to you.
For those still awaiting refund, we will be processing those soon through a partner's paypal account.
For urgent matters, until our situation is resolved, please refrain from posting email or tickets, please call +33(0)7 81 08 84 61, thank you for your understanding.

Keep faith,
WM
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:39 pm

Jesus, even their Kickstarter reeks of scaminess. Is that a word? It is now. Want to pledge for physical items? Well, you can't... At least, not exactly. You have to pledge money to then "get access" to an "add ons page" at a later date to buy physical items. Yeah, right...

You'd have to be mad to pledge money to Watermelon.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:48 pm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/57 ... -next-gen/

And yet he is already half way to his goal in just two days - with 58 days remaining…

Unreal. I just want me game… that I paid for over a year ago. That many people already have.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:49 am

The problem is that I may give in and pay $1 to get access to the ability to purchase the MegaDrive version... until I find out it cost $100...
This is so scammy... but it is hard to resist.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 am

Lol it'll probably be at least $150. Remember the company were briefly selling them for around that price back in December/January and were gradually increasing the price as stock got lower (justifying it by saying they need to recoup their losses and that the "after market doesn't lie, Watermelon games regularly sell for at least that price on Ebay"). Then, like all legitimate and trustworthy companies, they had their Paypal account shutdown for a second time...

ZRofel
24-bit

by ZRofel Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:26 am

Does anyone have any background or "insider" info about what's gone down with them? The whole thing is kind of baffling to me, because by all accounts Pier Solar and Paprium are both really solid games. Not that being good at making videogames in any way translates into being good at managing a company or balancing a budget, but I feel like usually when you encounter this kind of behavior, the product itself is highly suspect as well.
marurun

by marurun Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:34 am

ZRofel wrote:Does anyone have any background or "insider" info about what's gone down with them? The whole thing is kind of baffling to me, because by all accounts Pier Solar and Paprium are both really solid games. Not that being good at making videogames in any way translates into being good at managing a company or balancing a budget, but I feel like usually when you encounter this kind of behavior, the product itself is highly suspect as well.

I suspect this is one of those rare exceptions, there the game is the ONLY thing good to come out of the whole mess.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Has anyone played PapiRium? What's the relationship between the two? I see it called a "spoof", but videos don't really show a spoof at all. Anyone know?
Return to Sega