Saturn Arcade sticks

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Saturn Arcade sticks

Post by Dikdikvandik »

I'm somewhat confused as to which Saturn stick I should pick up, if there's a way I can use my Qanba Stick on Saturn and so on.

I can't do Square gates so that eliminates the Hori and Virtua stick unless somebody can tell me which octagonal plate I should pick up.
There's the Ascii stick. Seems rugged enough and micro switched, but I'm unsure of the gate.
Then there's this thing I THINK I can use my qanba with it but I'm not sure http://www.brunofreitas.com/node/90
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Saturn Arcade sticks

Post by bmoc »

I'm almost certain that the ASCII stick has a square gate.

There just aren't a lot of Sega Saturn controller adapters out there. There are several that convert Saturn controllers to XYZ console/USB but not the other way around. This is all my Google-fu could turn up that is readily available.

Which Qanba do you have? If you were willing to mod it, you could certainly get Sega Saturn support. If I were building or modding an all-in-one arcade stick today, I would go with a dual PCB setup of the Brook Universal Fighting Board and the Brook Retro Board.

Right now I am using a MC Cthulhu board in my arcade stick for retro consoles. I've been using that with Brook Super Converters to get modern console support.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

I think it's a Q4raf.

I've been using it on my PS with a brook. Soon on Dreamcast. Already have it working on Switch. It's just my Saturn and Super Famicom I need to get it working on.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

If you are trying to keep the cost down, I'd go with a Virtua Stick HSS-0136 and swap out the joystick with something new that has a gate you like. That doesn't help you with Super Famicon though. For your purposes, I think the Brook Universal Fighting Board and Retro Board will be the cleanest setup.