The Pressing SEGA Questions

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
marurun

Re: The Pressing SEGA Questions

Post by marurun »

Oof, that’s one of their rougher racers, too. They leaned into realism a bit too hard and the cars slide all over the place.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

I have the 3d pad I've heard it's decent that way.

Got Sega Rally plus on the way too.

It's 20fps but vanilla Saturn Daytona is awesome. Dreamcast Daytime not so much.

Sega is going to the Genesis well too much, they need to let M2 work their Voodoo on their old arcade games, we need some Model 3 love.
funk_Farmer
8-bit

Post by funk_Farmer »

Dikdikvandik wrote:Sega is going to the Genesis well too much, they need to let M2 work their Voodoo on their old arcade games, we need some Model 3 love.

Amen to that. Hopefully now that this new Genesis mini is out they will either step towards the next generation or span out to their arcade games. Hopefully both.
One more question about modern day Sega. They pretty much pioneered online gaming back before the technology was there to even to do it. They had big time dreams and made them happen. Why are they still absent now that the technology is here? I could imagine in a different world a Sega channel installed on the Wii's home screen. They could've been poking and prodding with retro releases, remakes, and other stuff. Getting people familiar with Sega again. They really need to carve out their own space online now.
Ok two more questions. Where's Virtua Fighter? Just when fighting games become big stuff with tournaments, more acceptance for hardcore games, and streaming, the hardest of the hardcore of fighting games flakes. Doesn't even bother showing up anymore. What gives?
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

The Team that did Virtua Fighter 5 is still at Sega so they could do VF6 at any time. Either Sega is tone deaf as usual or they're waiting it out. VF5 Final is in Yakuza 6 and Judgement so maybe something is in the pipeline but sadly I doubt it.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

funk_Farmer wrote:
Dikdikvandik wrote:Sega is going to the Genesis well too much, they need to let M2 work their Voodoo on their old arcade games, we need some Model 3 love.

Amen to that. Hopefully now that this new Genesis mini is out they will either step towards the next generation or span out to their arcade games. Hopefully both.
One more question about modern day Sega. They pretty much pioneered online gaming back before the technology was there to even to do it. They had big time dreams and made them happen. Why are they still absent now that the technology is here? I could imagine in a different world a Sega channel installed on the Wii's home screen. They could've been poking and prodding with retro releases, remakes, and other stuff. Getting people familiar with Sega again. They really need to carve out their own space online now.
Ok two more questions. Where's Virtua Fighter? Just when fighting games become big stuff with tournaments, more acceptance for hardcore games, and streaming, the hardest of the hardcore of fighting games flakes. Doesn't even bother showing up anymore. What gives?

Good question. This is arguably the most "hardcore" fighting game series of all - depending on how you define such a nebulous term.